• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What has happened to vladimir karpets?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dazed and Confused said:
ah right, that explains it: Natural decline.
graphRiderHistory.asp

Baltazar said:
What the hell happened in 2008, biopassport?
Also seems weird that after his 2007 success they changed up his calendar completely.

2007:
Murcía, Castilla y León, GP Big Mig, Alentejo, La Rioja, Catalunya, Suisse, Tour, Vuelta, Worlds
2008:
Mallorca, Murcía, Tirreno-Adriatico, MSR, País Vasco, Giro, Madrid, Getxo, Ordizia, Donostia, Olympics, Deutschland Tour, Cyclassics, Poland, Worlds
Frosty said:
O/T but does anyone know what has happened to Linus Gerdemann? Did he get any kind of team this year?
His asking price was too much for Continental teams and no WT team was interested. I thought at least IAM would have picked him up, but I do think that he gives the impression he may ask for more based on historical palmarès than his current level would suggest. He was probably doped back on T-Mobile, sure, but injury helping to derail his career should also be taken into account.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Ripper said:
Ouch. A bit of not-too-hidden anger there pmcg76! :eek:
thnx Rip. I dont know what this guy/girl's agenda is. i am pretty fair to individual riders* if you see the Froome thread, the Evans thread, i make a point to put out their record, point out, p'raps whilst maintaining a negative position on doping status.

*now, i am not completely impartial on my own assessment.