• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What have you bought for yorself lately?

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
house paint
15 gallons of white $3000mxn appox $15 a gallon USD from my handy man's brother(black market?)
5 gallons of azul de Habana (Havana blue) for the trim $1600mxn approx $25 a gallon USD from Comex

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
So, I've been unemployed for roughly 9 months, though things are decidedly looking up and my bike commute to work might actually begin again!

As a celebration for "found" money, I got myself the following this past 24 hours:

Lamy Vista fine nib (with converter)
12_vista_FH_eng.jpg

and a

Waterman blue Kultur demonstrator fine nib (going to make it an eyedropper)
21Ui9Wq1G3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I really like demo-style fountain pens and I lost my last blue Kultur and I figured I'd try the Lamy because it's become a serious cult pen amongst the cheap and cheerful crowd...

A

Anonymous

I just picked up another set of NOS Ambrosio Nemesis rims.

Me happy.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
B.Rasmussen said:
Bought a used Pinarello Stelvio a month ago. I went through a shoulder operation recently so yesterday was the first time I took it for a short ride.

Stelvio.jpg

Gorgeous bike. I used to have a neon yellow frame years ago.

What's up with the stem though? Almost looks like it has an adjustable angle.

richwagmn said:
Gorgeous bike. I used to have a neon yellow frame years ago.

What's up with the stem though? Almost looks like it has an adjustable angle.

It's a quill stem. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Classic_road_quill_stem.JPG

You might also be confused by the bell on the side of it. I considered changing it to a more subtle one (one is needed where I ride), but after using it a few times the last 2 days I've decided to keep as I'm pretty sure even the dead on the local graveyard heard it, so it's quite practical. :p

A

Anonymous

I "needed" a different camera for on the bike

Something smaller, easier to get out of pocket, etc... so I ordered this Panasonic DMC TS2
in5sur.jpg

shockproof, water proof, freeze proof and dust proof which means...
I can fall six feet (2m) off a bridge onto ice, break through and sink 33 feet (10m) get out and pull myself through the sand back to the road and the camera should still work (recording the whole event in HD). Plus it has a Leica lense If the image quality is as good as my DMC LX3 I'll be happy.

5.89 oz (167g)
3.91 x 2.48 x 0.96" (99.3 x 63.1 x 24.3mm)

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
brewerjeff said:
Something smaller, easier to get out of pocket, etc... so I ordered this Panasonic DMC TS2

shockproof, water proof, freeze proof and dust proof which means...
I can fall six feet (2m) off a bridge onto ice, break through and sink 33 feet (10m) get out and pull myself through the sand back to the road and the camera should still work (recording the whole event in HD). Plus it has a Leica lense If the image quality is as good as my DMC LX3 I'll be happy.

5.89 oz (167g)
3.91 x 2.48 x 0.96" (99.3 x 63.1 x 24.3mm)

Had a chance to use it yet? What are the pics like?

A

Anonymous

just arrived yesterday

the big ring said:
Had a chance to use it yet? What are the pics like?

5kkinc.jpg

only been out with it for an hour. Above is a pic of an Amish tobacco field. Looks very good out of the camera. Image quality suffers when you take a 14 megapixel image and compress it for a site like this.

I really like that the lense does NOT extend beyond the camera body when turned on, so I can slip it into my jersey and out without catching. Practiced taking pics and video while riding. A bit shocking how my "handling skills" have gotten rusty
I'll review in more detail after more use.

b53ajb.jpg

normal traffic where I ride

A

Anonymous

a field of biblical proportions....

The Valley said:
Is that tobacco that refuses to use velcro or drive cars?

everybody's a wise guy!

339sgoy.jpg

but seriously... I have read that tobacco is an important cash crop for some Amish, and suited to them. Big families, lots of hand labor. Every plant in that entire field was set by hand. Some cultivation with horse drawn equipment, some by shoeless kids with hoes. Then its all harvested by hand, etc. Guess there's nothing against tobacco in the bible so its OK, even though the tobacco kills. Sorry if I've offended any Amish who may be watching over somebody's sholder.

A

Anonymous

my lucky day...

1zyzcpk.jpg

I didn't buy this, actually. It was just lying by the side of the road. A farm equipment sign. Luckily my friend Fred was along so he tied it to his enormous / not cool saddle bag.

351ffbk.jpg

TRENDING THREADS