• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What if Lance did a Tyler?

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Now I know this , in most peeps view, highly unlikely but if you consider Lance to be a sociopath , and I genuinely suspect he is then predictability isn't easy.

With the very real possibility that law suits are gonna start heading his way thick and fast he could get backed into a corner.
The rats haven't yet fully deserted this sinking ship in the way many might, had it been most any other rider. Saving there necks I suspect.
There is no doubt in my mind that a full confession with the kind of detail Tyler has provided in the Secret Race would cause carnage to the pro scene like nothing most of us could imagine.
This guy knows so much The Secret Race would be like an opening chapter.
For this reason I suspect many may be having some very restless weeks/ months ahead.
So the questions are might he?....if pushed far enough?...and just how much damage to the pro scene could he inflict?

May 27, 2012
Visit site
hrotha said:
If Lance did a Tyler that's one book I would pirate.

I wouldn't. I'd be there as soon as the bookstore opened to buy it. I wouldn't have a single problem with him if he completely came clean, and that includes putting money in his pocket by buying his tell-all book.

He's stupid not to do it. It would be the best selling book on cycling in the history of the world. And if he REALLY cared about the LAF, he would donate all of the proceeds to his charity.

However, we are talking about a sociopath as has been pointed out, and he will go to his grave believing he has done nothing wrong.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
To pull a Tyler he'd have to have tested positive first. :confused:

Letting that slide he'd give up his Motorola teammates and any pre Pro coaches and doc's. Would be nice if he had some additional info on the narkers that was left out of the Reasoned Decision. :D

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah great. Then the PR machine can rewrite history.

Lance saved cycling. Lance, with all his courage, broke omerta and told the truth. Lance, with all his courage, overcame the "cancer that is doping" and came out a stronger, better, honest man. Lance the saviour. There'd be new "truth" bracelets. He'd be "truth Jesus". There'd be a "truth" foundation, to raise awareness of... honesty. And a truth jet.

I couldn't cope. I'd have to sick knitting needles in my ears and eyes so I couldn't see or hear anythng about it. For the love of God Lance, stay silent! ;)

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I'd think people might see it as a last chance to salvage something of his reputation not a genuine attempt to be honest.

That said maybe he can do a massive mea culpa, become a born again and run for office.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
If he outed people, it would be more bullying and betrayal -- hurting people for his own personal gain. Again. After reading Hamilton's book and the USADA report, there's not much new information that would have any shock value. Plus, his book would be more glorification of his life and hand-wringing excuses of why he did what he did.

Jalina said:
Yeah great. Then the PR machine can rewrite history.

Lance saved cycling. Lance, with all his courage, broke omerta and told the truth. Lance, with all his courage, overcame the "cancer that is doping" and came out a stronger, better, honest man. Lance the saviour. There'd be new "truth" bracelets. He'd be "truth Jesus". There'd be a "truth" foundation, to raise awareness of... honesty. And a truth jet.

That right there is funny.

TRENDING THREADS