• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What if.......

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
1) Pro cycling continues its inevitable decline to the level of 'pro wrestling' in the USA

2) Lance and his 'Foundation' continue their streak of not curing a single person of cancer (but he'll still strive to make sure everyone 'is aware' of the disease).

regardless of the outcome of the investigation...
3) I devote 99% of my sports fanaticism to professional baseball in North America. Pro-cycling has $#|+ on my loyalty far too many times.

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
jimbob_in_co said:
<snip>
3) I devote 99% of my sports fanaticism to professional baseball in North America. Pro-cycling has $#|+ on my loyalty far too many times.

Ironic. From one sport with Novotsky connections to another. ;)

I agree with the point though, it really does just frustrate me, how do you know what to trust?

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Met de Versnelling said:
Ironic. From one sport with Novotsky connections to another. ;)

I agree with the point though, it really does just frustrate me, how do you know what to trust?

At least Major League Baseball has publicly acknowledge their 'steroid era', and the 'biggest star' of that time is now considered a cheat and a fraud, even by SF Giants fans. (I believe his sorry a$$ is also due in court sometime in 2011). The same cannot (yet) be said about pro cycling.

Still, I hold out the hope expressed by RR with his 'monkeys' question. So much is so unethical and downright illegal with the LA/Liestrong entourage. I certainly hope a day of reckoning is in the near future for all of them.