• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What Is The Most Predictable Win In Cycling?

What is the most predictable Win of cycling?

• Contador winning a GT.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
As of right now out of these 3, what's the most predictable?

Obviously Sagan inspired this :D

Edit: 'What is the most predictable Win of cycling?' It should 'in cycling' and not 'of'. My bad.

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Went for Contador for being a predictable winner year after year (except when trying to do back-to-back GTs).
Cavendish always starts slowly
Sagan - right now wins everything but will that last longer than a Philbert season?

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
LOL @ comparting Sagan to Gilbert
Sagan has shown that he is very consistent, i believe he will dominate for a few seasons

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
iZnoGouD said:
LOL @ comparting Sagan to Gilbert
Sagan has shown that he is very consistent, i believe he will dominate for a few seasons

What did Sagan do after the Tour this year?

And consistent riders are clean? Quite the opposite.

If anything Gilbert has been the victim of guys like Valverde in 2003-2008. :eek:

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I'll go with Sagan. Cav can always get taken out in a sprint (like he has been numerous times), and there are too many things that can happen in grand tours to consider Contador winning a sure thing.

But Sagan...well...when was the last time someone won half the stages of a single stage race. :D Plus his incredible handling means he doesn't crash often like Cav does.

Pippo_San said:
Deffo Sagan...pure flat sprints are much like a lottery, while hilly sprints... :cool:

(Velasco not taken into consideration for clinic reasons, i.e. already lost 2 GTs that way so...)
Contador all the way. Ignoring clinic issues he's 7 GT's from 8 starts since the 07 Tour.

Sagan on the other hand has to compete against guys like Gilbert and Purito and still hasn't won a hilly classic yet. All bar one of his wins have come from stage races, about half of those coming from flat reduced field sprints.

Cavendish is second for me but he still slips up from time to time, with or without a leadout train. That's just the nature of field sprints though.

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Went for Sagan - Although I think Cavendish is a better sprinter than Sagan is a Puncheur, there are too many variables in a flat sprint to be certain of a win. If there's a short steep section followed by a sprint, I think Sagan is unbeatable. The others only come into play when the hill is a bit longer, or when the finish line is on a steep section.

TRENDING THREADS