• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What is up with Fumiyuki Beppu?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
sporting fraud

While I agree that Beppu should NOT have lied on his résumé ,
you really can't blame the kid for trying!

C'mon, for a cyclist to get a ride on The Shack is like a violinist getting a seat with the New York Philharmonic.

Hope the kid can bounce back from his crushed dream:(

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
While I agree that Beppu should NOT have lied on his résumé ,
you really can't blame the kid for trying!

C'mon, for a cyclist to get a ride on The Shack is like a violinist getting a seat with the New York Philharmonic.

Hope the kid can bounce back from his crushed dream:(

1. He has already ridden for a Bruyneel Team, and the Disco Squad of a few years ago was much better than Retirement Shack, I mean it was basically the same guys just 3/4 years younger

2. If the Philharmonic was led by a conductor who hogged all the money and the limelight, and didn't let anyone else win anything

3. The average age of a musician was mid 80s

I think I have pushed this as far is it can go.

Personally I quite like Beppu, esp following his doomed antics on the Champs and if Skil keep him he will certainly have the opportunity to win more and go to bigger races.