• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What is your beef with the UCI?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
The problem with fixing the UCI is that everything - including WADA - is linked to the IOC, the single most corrupt body in world sport. Whilst Verbruggen is able to exercise influence over the UCI the corruption/fraud will never end

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Their president has absolutely no respect for the Giro d italia. He said that it should be perhaps Cut down.

Unforgivable. I say rather than cut down the Giro and Vuelta we cut down Mcquaid.

Metaphorically of course ;):cool:

I think it was Cadel Evans or Jens Voight who said that he understood why people doped when he rode the 08 Giro. Insane transfers, after back to back mountain TTs and mountain stages.

Of course you saw the shot of Simoni, Armstrong, DiLucca and others lying in a gondola as a publicity shot in the 09 Giro. Also the Milan circuit race where the riders protested because of a dangerous course.

Of course Pedro Horrillo went off a cliff and the race organizers did not even know it.

If you want ROLLERBALL well don't call it the Giro call it ROLLERBALL.

Hey I watch American Football, I realize it is a doping bloodsport.

That is not what cycling should be. Yet some here think the riders shouldn't dope. Cut the stages and you will see a more competitve, cleaner race.

TRENDING THREADS