• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What Kind of ID do you use when you go riding?

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
I am tired of carrying about my ID with me when I ride, and wanted to see what types of ID there are for riders. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Stewie249190 said:
I am tired of carrying about my ID with me when I ride, and wanted to see what types of ID there are for riders. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I just bought the road id. I've got the dynamic one so I can update my info online.

I velcro it around my handlebar when I'm done riding so I don't forget it.

Seems to me you want something attached to you and not your bike.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I use an SOS talisman... it's round my neck all the time now, so I never forget it. I am not into jewellery, but getting used to this has been no problem. Purchased online...

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Road ID and cell phone. I like the Road ID because it lists contact names and numbers for an emergency, but also blood type and allergies.

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
All the pertinent information is labeled on my helmets (name, address, phone, blood type, contact name & number). I also carry a card with same information in a waterproof wallet with my insurance card. Always the celly. Should provide my wife w/route maps, but I often change the route based on wind conditions.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
SOS talisman. Around my neck on a shoe string.

Also have ICE on my mobile but seen to many phones knackered in crashes to rely on that alone.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Road ID. I like it over my driver's license for 2 key reasons:

Contact names and numbers in Norway and US (my Norwegian drivers license is basically useless in case of an accident while riding in the states)

Drug allergies and blood type listed on it too.

I was surprised by how much room is actually on the tag.

Cell phone too of course.

TRENDING THREADS