• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What Should Froome do?

What should Froome do?

• Ask Wiggins for advice on the cobbles at which he breaks all the bones in his body

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
18-Valve. (pithy) said:
What makes you think Nibali is doing the Giro?

And what makes you think he won't he is Italian you know...

I do think if Froome and Contador do the Giro he should screw them over lol and go for his 2nd TDF win.

I'd like to see him try Giro-Tour, but I'm not convinced he has it in him to do two GT's a year at full gas.

Regarding the TdF route, it's not that bad for him. He was the best climber in the world by a distance in 2013, if he finds that level again then he has as much chance as anyone else, even without TTs.

I think the Tour still represents the biggest goal for him. Seeing the route he'll be thinking more about his racing schedule, but rather in a way how to avoid this year's underachievement. He and Sky will definitely try their best to make the Tour centerpiece of the season, but with strong alternatives. We'll probably know more after the Vuelta presentation.

I hope Froome does do the Giro simply to have the best three GT riders in the one race. The long TT will be a big carrot for Froome but it also means that Quintana who is probably doing the Tour only will have a big advantage and it will be difficult for Contador to do the double if he wins the Giro and if Quintana finds his best form in the Tour. Could be a great Giro on the way.

Would be good to see the Dawg at the Giro, I'm not sure the weather is that much of a disadvantage; he's gone well in Romandie last couple of years in crap weather.

Tactics in longer mountain stages may be more of an issue.

Difficultly is the UK public still only really cares about the Tour...

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
BeagRigh said:
Would be good to see the Dawg at the Giro, I'm not sure the weather is that much of a disadvantage; he's gone well in Romandie last couple of years in crap weather.

Tactics in longer mountain stages may be more of an issue.

Difficultly is the UK public still only really cares about the Tour...

The British public have zero interest in Froome so that shouldn't be a problem.

TRENDING THREADS