• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Question What size for my Ridley Noah Fast?

Oct 18, 2019
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm looking to buy the Ridley Noah fast with discs. But i´ve found myself in a dilemma, about which bike size i should choose.

I do elite road races, so im looking for an aggressive position. But still needs to be able to sit on the bike for hours.
Im 190cm.

My question is, if i should choose size 60, (which i think seems big) - or the size 57 (which might be a bit to small?) with a long stem? Please help.

Link to size chart: https://www.ridley-bikes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/sizing-chart_280x200.pdf
Link to geometry: https://www.ridley-bikes.com/product/noah-fast-disc/#/catalogue/noah-fast-disc

Best regards.

Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
Medium (57). Definitely the Medium. Sure, you're right at the top end of the height range, but always err on the slightly smaller frame.

(I'm 183cm and ride a medium Helium SLX which has plenty of room for a taller rider)
Hi. I am 183cm too and i want a medium slx. How is the fit? Do you think that the small will fit me better?

Nov 22, 2019
Visit site
Medium is the right size for you at 183cm.

Fit is spot-on for me. I run a 125mm stem slammed*

*Helium headtubes are considerably longer than a lot of race spec' frames, so you can tend to run them with far less (or no), spacers than usual. For example, my old Scott frames (Addict and Foil), required 10mm spacers under the stem. The SLX with longer HT means I can run with zero spacer stack.

Pictures Here for reference

Great frames! Merlin currently has some Medium bikes with Ultegra for £2k! Or £2.5k with ULtegra Di2....

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
Medium is the right size for you at 183cm.

Fit is spot-on for me. I run a 125mm stem slammed*

*Helium headtubes are considerably longer than a lot of race spec' frames, so you can tend to run them with far less (or no), spacers than usual. For example, my old Scott frames (Addict and Foil), required 10mm spacers under the stem. The SLX with longer HT means I can run with zero spacer stack.

Pictures Here for reference

Great frames! Merlin currently has some Medium bikes with Ultegra for £2k! Or £2.5k with ULtegra Di2....
Nice bike! ! ! Thank you my friend. I will reply to you after the first ride!

TRENDING THREADS