• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What was the last good decision the UCI made regarding road cycling

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
It seems to me everything the UCI does is wrong, so can someone please tell me what was the decision the UCI made regarding road cycling which we can all agree was a good thing.
Remember the restrictions on talking about certain subjects.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
the whole ranking system is great. now wt teams get riders from different continents with many points and it improves globalisation. another great thing uci does is their centre mondial cyclisme and their teams in which they get talents from all over the world and let them compete and train in better environments. if you wonder, why we have guys like amador in the wt. thank the uci

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Banning Scott "Drop In" handlebars.

images

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
the helmet rule really sucks. one of worst decisions by uci to enforce that.

I´m pretty new to this forum, but somehow, I already like you! Honestly!! :)

Not your first post that made me smile, I like this type of irony/sarcasm. :D

Ryo Hazuki said:
the helmet rule really sucks. one of worst decisions by uci to enforce that.

I think the helmet strike was good in the '90s and early '00s, when some of the helmets were heavy and badly vented. nowadays the helmets are light and well vented.
in a dangerous sport as cycling i think it's good to have an helmet rule.
and very few kids will leave their helmet home when they see their favourite riders always wearing one

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
the thing is cyclign loses much of it's p[ersonality when you can'ty recognize riders well form in the air. the aura of a balded or bandana'd marco pantani that would throw it of, as a sign of him going to attack. we will never have that again

Ryo Hazuki said:
the thing is cyclign loses much of it's p[ersonality when you can'ty recognize riders well form in the air. the aura of a balded or bandana'd marco pantani that would throw it of, as a sign of him going to attack. we will never have that again

i think that's a small price to pay for the safety of the riders and for bike riders around the world to get influenced to wear a helmet.

Ryo Hazuki said:

Didnt Pantani die from skin cancer?

Hugh

TRENDING THREADS