• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What will Astana ride on?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
theswordsman said:
Was there a story months ago saying that Kazakhstan wants a UCI race? Merckx is a special advisor to the Tour Of Qatar, so I thought he might be there helping out.

When asked about this (i was there on that press conference :p ) Merckx shrugged and said: "why not?" but the general tone i got was: "unlikely".

It seems that Eddy came there just for kicks and to hunt for some hogs in the woods near Vino's home village.

Of course i can very well be mistaken, but that's what i felt sitting there.
________
HANDJOB TEEN

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
rxgqgxnyfz said:
When asked about this (i was there on that press conference :p ) Merckx shrugged and said: "why not?" but the general tone i got was: "unlikely".

It seems that Eddy came there just for kicks and to hunt for some hogs in the woods near Vino's home village.

Of course i can very well be mistaken, but that's what i felt sitting there.

Thanks. I really enjoyed the Astanafans coverage.

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Specialized continues with Astana!!!

Kazakh leaders are happy and proud to announce that the American brand of cycles Specialized committed again with their team for the 2011 season.

This proof of confidence confirms the quality of Astana squad around its leader Alexandre Vinokourov and the great hope Czech Roman Kreuziger.
This commitment is the result of close collaboration that began in 2010 and will continue with the same interest and motivation to achieve great goals of victories for 2011.
While renewing its contract with Astana, Specialized is also committed to equipping the junior and hopes of the team, and thus marks its interest in the development of cycling in Kazakhstan for years to come.
Astana Cycling Team
Communication Department

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
So if Astana does manage to secure ProTour for next year and HTC-Specialized happens then there will be three teams running Specialized next year? plus possibly two Trek teams, it's a pity as I do enjoy seeing a wide range of bike manufactures being used. :(

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
all we need know is Spech to release the Vino special with the same paint scheme he's been running. That would be a cool bike to ride on

May 25, 2010
Visit site
What will Atana ride on

Hopefully this...

2034_10_11---Straight-Road--Route-66--Arizona_web.jpg

TRENDING THREADS