• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What will Oleg do?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Gigs_98 said:
I hope he will tell them contador should attack on the tourmalet. I don't think it would work but at least it would be fun to watch

preferably with Nibs and a bunch of frustrated frenchies... and then storm the descent from Col d'Allos (Bardet gained well over a minute on terrified Skyborgs there during Dauphine)

Re: Re:

TMP402 said:
LaFlorecita said:
Contador apparently has a Riis-clause in his contract (as does Sagan) so this seems like the perfect opportunity for Oleg to discard him.

If Sky signed Contador and Froome was his domestique would you begin liking Froome and Sky?
No.
It would never happen anyway. Sky is the polar opposite of Alberto. He'd sooner sign for €10000 a month at Androni.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
"My worst-case scenario is that I stop sponsoring the team and I go and ride my bike at my villa in Forte dei Marmi in Tuscany."

Yes Olga do that. It would be the best scenario for the sport. Long live ASO and fight this arrogant *** until he gives up.

Shame on you Cyclingnews that you give this narcissist a platform for his weekly rants. Would be interesting to know if cyclingnews gets paid for this by her. Otherwise I can´t understand that this site goes to such low standards.

The whole Olga rant:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-de-france-tinkov-wants-to-start-a-cycling-revolution

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
"My worst-case scenario is that I stop sponsoring the team and I go and ride my bike at my villa in Forte dei Marmi in Tuscany."

Yes Olga do that. It would be the best scenario for the sport. Long live ASO and fight this arrogant *** until he gives up.

Shame on you Cyclingnews that you give this narcissist a platform for his weekly rants. Would be interesting to know if cyclingnews gets paid for this by her. Otherwise I can´t understand that this site goes to such low standards.

The whole Olga rant:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-de-france-tinkov-wants-to-start-a-cycling-revolution

I agree with you in general about his personality/temperament/whatever you want to call him. However, I agree with him regarding the changes needed for cycling as a business. The current model is doomed for failure eventually, IMO.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
The current model is doomed for failure eventually

Think about that: It works since forever... Thus dont fall for the propaganda wars by Olga, JV, and else... They want money. Thats all they care for. But they dont care about the sport, or fans, or improving things.

im surprised that so many ppl are questioning tinkovs plans,can you imagine Manchester united not getting TV money?or real madrid?LA lakers have 3 billion 20 years tv contract

somebody is making a lot of money from advertisment and sure as hell its not the teams - asking for a share of that is absolutely right, just because it wasnt a custom in cycling,it doesnt mean its right and watching Eurosport the other day there was a 2 minute ad every 5 minutes?who is cashing in because it aint teams...

im actually surprised the teams didnt ask for that ages ago

That's what Oleg will do:

2ldkqxd.jpg

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Re:

SafeBet said:

2ldkqxd.jpg

Hmm could be a good move for him, if Tinkoff improves his climbing squad this winter.

It surprises me that some people hate him to a point that they want him to leave the sport. Sponsors are dropping everywhere and he pumps in millions, we should be happy with the guy. Sure his is a bit out there but he is totally right about some of the stuff he talks about. Forget about some of his personality trades u may like/dislike and just be happy he is sponsoring a big team, and will continue to do so next year.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Tinkov is spot on. ASO are protecing their economic rent, and as always, the best way to do this when the teams and the cylists have the most power collectively, is to divide and conquer, to prevent alliances.

Cycling should indeed create an ecosystem that can finance the sport.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Re:

SafeBet said:

2ldkqxd.jpg

Tinkof making alliances all over the peloton. :D He must be assembling an army to take on Sky with, I don't see how any other conclusion but this one can be reached here. :cool:

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re:

saganftw said:
im surprised that so many ppl are questioning tinkovs plans,can you imagine Manchester united not getting TV money?or real madrid?LA lakers have 3 billion 20 years tv contract

somebody is making a lot of money from advertisment and sure as hell its not the teams - asking for a share of that is absolutely right, just because it wasnt a custom in cycling,it doesnt mean its right and watching Eurosport the other day there was a 2 minute ad every 5 minutes?who is cashing in because it aint teams...

im actually surprised the teams didnt ask for that ages ago

Because this isnt NBA or NFL or Soccer... Even JV admitted cycling is the cheapest way for sponsors to get max attention. And the sponsor money goes to the riders. Millionares battling it out in mountains, hilly stages, and sprint stages. Its a win win for riders and sponsors. Thats why the model is good and works since ages. Only greedy assholes like Olga are pissed, coz they thought they found another way to make money out of fresh air. Well not here, at least not yet. Shall the basterd go home and use his slaves, but not the great traditional western europe cycling...

TRENDING THREADS