• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What will Saxo Bank Do In the next 3 Mountain Stages?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will Saxo Bank Do In the next 3 Mountain Stages?

• Secure their podium spots, and possibly go for stage wins.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gugashwill

BANNED
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Kreuziger will try to keep his position in the GC, and Contador will try to create an opportunity to get as close as it's possible to Froome.
Can it be enough for Tinkoff victory? I'm not sure.

LaFlorecita said:
I think a lot of you are going to end up disappointed. They will try but it will be depressing. I think they'll be better off riding for stage wins (particularly Contador).

Pretty much this. Everybody knows the yellow is taken, maybe deep down Alberto still hopes but he's the only one I guess. MOV will fight only for Quintana podium and maybe stage win Valverde. They don't care about Saxo. Purito is the same. So unless Froome does a "Floyd" stage 16 TDF 2006 when he lost 8 minutes, Contador has to do himself a "Floyd" a la stage 17 from the same tour.

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
In my mind if Contadors points don't count anyway there is no reason to not go for broke. Whatever he chances losing in placing he only gains in popularity and legend with fans.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Riis more than indicates that we will have fireworks tomorrow and sounds as if they will use the descent from the Alpe. Showtime

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
Big, long distance attack on Glandon, will get a sizeable gap and everyone will be going ga-ga, only to see it steadily reeled in. I DO think they will pull of a stage win, but the time gap will be less than 20 seconds and won't matter at all in the big scheme of things.

Phil and Paul will also say "trying to salvage their tour" a lot.

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Cimber said:
Riis more than indicates that we will have fireworks tomorrow and sounds as if they will use the descent from the Alpe. Showtime

With Froome about 10 meters back all the way down the descent.

If they do something amazing tomorrow it will be the biggest shock in sports (not really, but you know what i mean :p)

It's not going to happen kids. they may nip 30 seconds here and there these last few stages, but it will be all for naught.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
sjb2371 said:
With Froome about 10 meters back all the way down the descent.

If they do something amazing tomorrow it will be the biggest shock in sports (not really, but you know what i mean :p)

It's not going to happen kids. they may nip 30 seconds here and there these last few stages, but it will be all for naught.

It will be amazing if they just take 10 secs on Froome. I think they will just try to put on a good show and see what happens (you know moon and starts might align, but only if you go look for it), and maybe hope for a stage win.