• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What would be worse for cycling?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Would it be worse for cycling if Contador or Froome win this year's tour?

• Froome

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I was wrong, Contador had a minute amount of clen, probably accidentally ingested, plus he's very exciting to watch. There's only anecdotal evidence to suggest he doped extensively throughout his career, and of course he should never have had the two year ban and been stripped of all those titles. As the above poster said, Sky's style of riding is worse for cycling than doping. I whole-heartedly agree

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
JimmyFingers said:
Nope, I was wrong, Contador had a minute amount of clen, probably accidentally ingested, plus he's very exciting to watch. There's only anecdotal evidence to suggest he doped extensively throughout his career, and of course he should never have had the two year ban and been stripped of all those titles. As the above poster said, Sky's style of riding is worse for cycling than doping. I whole-heartedly agree

So you're not gonna answer the question, try and look smart with your sarcastic comments.

It was never proven Contador doped, if he went to the ECHR he prob would have won the case, why he didn't do it? Well it would have take a few years prob and it was only a few months he was suspended.

Can you name 1 rider with a progression similar to Froome's and didn't get caught for doping?

If you think contador doped cause of his link with saiz, fuentez (although not proved) and bruyneel that's logical but why not Froome?

Not positive= clean is your mindset for sky being clean right?

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Miburo said:
So you're not gonna answer the question, try and look smart with your sarcastic comments.

It was never proven Contador doped, if he went to the ECHR he prob would have won the case, why he didn't do it? Well it would have take a few years prob and it was only a few months he was suspended.

Can you name 1 rider with a progression similar to Froome's and didn't get caught for doping?

If you think contador doped cause of his link with saiz, fuentez (although not proved) and bruyneel that's logical but why not Froome?

Not positive= clean is your mindset for sky being clean right?

Really? You're saying this to me? You? Really?

Sorry genuinely taken aback. Perhaps the troll finally got trolled

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Heckler said:
Most recently, the UCI sent DiLuca's sample to Cologne, the lab leading the development of drug testing. Contador's sample was sent there as well. Both samples were screened by new, state of the art tests. What and/or where have you heard that the UCI wasn't responsible for the extraordinary testing of AC's sample?

IDK, and too lazy to look it up. I may have been confusing the Contador and Landis positives. In any case, if it was the UCI that sent AC's sample for analysis outside the regular testing regime, their complicity is explicit.

The topic of your "marching orders" comment is something that interests me a lot. If you accept that a rider can avoid detection with the assistance of the governing bodies, it only stands to reason that you could get rid of a competitor with the same assistants.
Yep.