• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Whatever happened to Trent Lowe??

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
He has been sick. He had Chronic fatigue, Esptein Bar or one of those auto-immune disorders.

He gained a lot of weight and hasn't been good now for 2yrs.

He is at the end of his contract this year with GRM and rumour/speculation is he won't be resigned.

That may or may not be fair... I have no clue what the outlook for his full recovery is. But given how much faith JV has shown Danielson, I think it would be a good call to keep Trent and help him rebound.

We'll see. I know factually Trent's been sick. I'm going on rumor and speculation on the rest.

Oh, Danielson is up for renewal this year too. We'll see what happens with 'Tummy D' too.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
durianrider said:
Trent Lowe, another good guy with big talent but no idea how to eat and live so he can fully utilize it. Happens all the time.

He should get some advice from you. Since you've been riding pro all these years.

Anyway I'd like to see the guy back on the dirt. There was a senior world championship that he should have gone after years back.

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Wow Durianrider with your advice he could perform consistently like you;

2009 Australian 24hr Champs: DNF 17 12:01:31 Harley Johnstone DNF

2005 Mont 24hr: DNF 2 7:48:20 harley johnstone

2002 Canberra Tour, April 26-28; Dnf Harley Johnstone

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Wigans said:

Yeah not bad for a guy scamming the government out of thousands of dollars because he has 'depression' and cant work.

Although I would be pretty depressed if those were my race results.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Wigans said:

53 x 11 said:
Yeah not bad for a guy scamming the government out of thousands of dollars because he has 'depression' and cant work.

Although I would be pretty depressed if those were my race results.

Owned.....

Yeah I guess Im not a good rider cos I dont win every race I enter and if you get an injury or crash out, your weak. But hey, Im out there racing and representing and having ago vs being a faceless avitar that nobody even knows how they are.

You guys forgot to put up the links of the races I have won and finished in? I put em up a few days ago on another thread? Any comment guys? Didnt think so. I bet you wouldnt say it to my face. Its easy to dish out crap when your hiding behind a keyboard and nobody knows who you are.

InternetToughGuy2-1.gif

At least Im transparent and people know my real name and face and where I work. People can come to our retreats and learn how to eat and train with no drugs. I dont have to resort to making up stories and putting personal attacks on people.

Yeah I got hit by a bus out training and couldnt work for a few months and had to live on welfare payouts...get a life 11x53. Now Im charging the rates I charge, the same idiots are saying Im making too much money..its ironic you will get slagged what ever you do by the downers that are too gutless to follow their heart and live their dreams.

Its funny people forget the stuff you are doing now cos they are jealous that they dont have the balls to do it themselves.

I saw you out on your motorbike the other day, looks like your a real pro.
image013.jpg

Wigans said:

2004 Mont 24hr. 11th (first rider with no support team)
2002 Canberra tour, got a flat last stage. Fixed it and rode solo home.
2005 Mont 24hr, got a vasectomy 2 weeks before hand.
2003 PBP (Just off the Australian record.)

Would be great to see even a photo of you guys riding an E grade crit. But I guess that would be too much to ask. Maybe you could cut out a picture from a magazine of a pro rider and stick it next to your face and say you went out training with em?

Check out this youtube vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5HjL7yMc_U

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I know who you are anyway, I've seen you down at Murwillumbah, a few times this year. You may have even noticed me, I was wearing the kit of my club, "GOLD COAST CATS" (CATS is an acronym btw), and riding a Trek.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
durianrider said:
Trent Lowe, another good guy with big talent but no idea how to eat and live so he can fully utilize it. Happens all the time.

Will you please stop preaching Veganism on this board, do you actually have any indication that Lowe's lack of form last couple of years is due to his diet?

Your sense of superiority is astonishing, this is a forum full of adults that can make up their own minds and they don't need YOU to tell them what they should be eating.

Every. Single. Day.

TopCarbon said:
that could not have been easy.

back on topic.

I rode my cannondale to and from the 30 minute surgery. Not that exercise after surgery is a smart thing. I had a local and know my body well. The surgeon was a cyclist and we talked training and bikes. Felt like a punch in the nuts, thats all.

Went home and water fasted the rest of the day laying in the light sun. No swelling the next day. Probably a bit zealous thinking I could ride the 24hr solo nationals the following weekend..as the first lap I pulled out cos my stitches in my nuts were still a bit fresh and in hindsight it was the smart thing to do. People ask me what surgeon would allow a vasectomy on a 26 year old with no kids..heck, all I did was preach veganism to him and I guess he didnt want me reproducing and creating more zealous vegans trying to save the world.. :)

Ive spent time a little bit of time in Cambodian orphanages and dont desire to have any kids personally.
IMGA0054.jpg

TRENDING THREADS