• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What's the best online store for road cycling gear?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 11, 2009
Visit site
I've found PBK and Proscloset (Used items) reliable - but I buy items that are a bargain - the last items I bought from each of these places were wheel sets.

Re:

avanti said:
I've found PBK and Proscloset (Used items) reliable - but I buy items that are a bargain - the last items I bought from each of these places were wheel sets.

First, a note...in spite of what some MO outfits may say, most have no factory warranty. Now, they may 'self warranty', but ya better do that quickly(some say 'un-used w/i 72 hours).

I know the guys at Pro'sCloset and they are great guys.

One thing to consider, most of the European places(and some US places) offer no 'factory' warranty, but self warranty, regardless of what their plashy web site may say. It is unusual to get some new kit that doesn't work, but it happens. Look at return policy closely(72 hours, un used, for example). In addition, once bought, and it isn't right for some reason, reaching out to the regular warranty channels(like Campagnolo NA or QBP), and the point of purchase is some UK or US MO outlets(Planey Cyclery in the US as an example)..no warranty from the factory. Confirmed by some of the serial numbers now found on bike stuff.

It's not unheard of to see seconds, blems, other things that 'may' go out the back door from some factories, so caveat emptor.

Loo at that, I said the same thing about 3 weeks ago. 3 posts above.

I just went through this thread and found the same site hyperlinked by three different new members! What a coincidence! And by new member, I mean first post ever. Very interesting...

Also found a couple other first time poster, long time spammer posts.

This is not a thread to try and get a little free advertising (or clicks).

If you are a new member and not a part of this conversation please do not link a website to your comment. I'll automatically ban you (forever) as a spammer and delete the post. This is non-negotiable.

Cheers

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
I don't know anything about US based retailers, but currently, if paying in sterling, some of the French and German retailers come out very well (bike-discount. de, star-bike, acycles etc)

As Bustedknuckle says, remember that warranties can be problematic, and factor that into cost savings.

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I have good experiences with both rosebikes (German-based store) and Futurumshop (Dutch, great service, prices okay).

However, I do value the expertise and service of actual real life stores so I'm pretty loyal to the small shop I bought my bike at. The don't sell a lot of accessories, but it's still where I buy most of my spare parts and get my bike checked and serviced once a year, even though I have to bike 80 Km just to drop off my bike there.

A CYCLES ONLINE SHOP - AVOID AVOID !!

Just a warning to anyone thinking of buying gear from A CYCLES .co.uk

DONT BOTHER THEY ARE BASED IN FRANCE !!

I purchased a helmet from this site as I dont always like giving Wiggle my custom - big mistake ! The helmet still hadnt arrived after a week so I looked on their website for further info and where to call or email....it was only on the Returns page that I saw the address in Saint Etienne, France !

Nowhere on this site does it state they trade from France !! on the 'About Us' link - STILL no mention of France. The contact telephone number is 0330 - AGAIN a misrepresentaion because if I had seen area code 0033 I would have known it was France. So i googled 0330 and it is a special type of landline-rate phone number used by businesses and various other organisations.

Unlike traditional landline phone numbers, 0330 numbers are not linked with specific geographic locations

So today the helmet arrived - 11 days after ordering and I need to return it. They are now not replying to any emails, Called several times and they arent picking up the phone. The RETURN POSTAGE IS £12.80 - No reply when I telephoned them either. WHO WOULD BUY CYCLING GOODS FROM FRANCE KNOWING THEY WOULD HAVE TO PAY RETURN COSTS ? !! DONT BUY FROM THIS BOGUS COMPANY !!

Re: A CYCLES ONLINE SHOP - AVOID AVOID !!

Cycle Chic said:
Just a warning to anyone thinking of buying gear from A CYCLES .co.uk

DONT BOTHER THEY ARE BASED IN FRANCE !!

I purchased a helmet from this site as I dont always like giving Wiggle my custom - big mistake ! The helmet still hadnt arrived after a week so I looked on their website for further info and where to call or email....it was only on the Returns page that I saw the address in Saint Etienne, France !

Nowhere on this site does it state they trade from France !! on the 'About Us' link - STILL no mention of France. The contact telephone number is 0330 - AGAIN a misrepresentaion because if I had seen area code 0033 I would have known it was France. So i googled 0330 and it is a special type of landline-rate phone number used by businesses and various other organisations.

Unlike traditional landline phone numbers, 0330 numbers are not linked with specific geographic locations

So today the helmet arrived - 11 days after ordering and I need to return it. They are now not replying to any emails, Called several times and they arent picking up the phone. The RETURN POSTAGE IS £12.80 - No reply when I telephoned them either. WHO WOULD BUY CYCLING GOODS FROM FRANCE KNOWING THEY WOULD HAVE TO PAY RETURN COSTS ? !! DONT BUY FROM THIS BOGUS COMPANY !!

It clearly states on their "About us" page that they are based in France. The address is right there. Anyone who actually bothers to read their website would know that they had to pay return costs, it states it in their Questions and Answers section under "How do I exchange a product?" and "How do I return a product for a refund?". Maybe buy local next time?

About Us
About us :
Acycles is a company entirely devoted to online sales of accessories and complete bikes for amateur and professional cyclists. Founded in July 2011 under the company name of SARL 2JBIKE EUROPE.

Does that state they are in France ? no !!

Note - If you wish to WRITE to us

If you wish to write to us please send any letters to the following address :
Acycles
21 Rue Charles Cholat,
42000, Saint Etienne,
France

www.acycles.co.uk and with a 0330 telephone number - WHY are they so evasive in stating where they are trading from ?

Anyway the Retail Ombudsman can decide as I have informed them that this company are misleading UK cucstomers. Do you really think I would have ordered a helmet knowing it would cost me £12.80 to return it to a company in France ?

Re:

Cycle Chic said:
About Us
About us :
Acycles is a company entirely devoted to online sales of accessories and complete bikes for amateur and professional cyclists. Founded in July 2011 under the company name of SARL 2JBIKE EUROPE.

Does that state they are in France ? no !!

Note - If you wish to WRITE to us

If you wish to write to us please send any letters to the following address :
Acycles
21 Rue Charles Cholat,
42000, Saint Etienne,
France

http://www.acycles.co.uk and with a 0330 telephone number - WHY are they so evasive in stating where they are trading from ?

Anyway the Retail Ombudsman can decide as I have informed them that this company are misleading UK cucstomers. Do you really think I would have ordered a helmet knowing it would cost me £12.80 to return it to a company in France ?

It's called scrolling, do it on the About us page and you will see their address nice and clearly.

They are doing absolutely nothing wrong. You didn't do your due diligence, that's your fault, don't blame them.

Martin said:
Looking for being different from other cyclists? Well I recommend Velits brother's company:
https://isadoreapparel.com/our-story

I especially like merino stuff.
It' just different feeling then wearing those polyesters which really make me feel like wearing recycled plastic bottles.

I'm a huge fan of merino, pretty much don't wear anything else except a friends Cafe's kit. Thanks for the link, little pricey for me at the moment though... :(

42x16ss said:
BigMac said:
I can vouch for MAAP, very high quality stuff, I have a couple of their kits. Pricey but very much worth it.

My personal opinion of Twin Six is that they're shoddy, mid-tier kit with me-too designs. I'd avoid them. Attaquer stuff is nicer, but if you're wearing those prints, you'd better be first or last. No in-between there. :cool:

I'll add Velocio and Machines for Freedom to this list, especially for the ladies of the forum. (Though Velocio has some slick men's kit, too.)

https://velocio.cc/ - Classic solids and some subdued prints
http://machinesforfreedom.com/ - More adventurous prints and high-gloss finishes

Just a reminder that most stores are doing sales. Merlin and Sigma have some extraordinary prices. Just got a pair of Bont Blitz for half the price with free (tracked) postage at Merlin! Sigma had the same shoes more or less the same price but had to pay an extra 25 bucks for delivery.

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Most of my purchases are from Ribble. Usually in my mailbox in Canada in a week. My B&M lighting products I buy from XXCycles in France. Good pricing, fast shipping.

I sometimes use Wiggle but pricing is generally not as good as Ribble.

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
King Boonen said:
Martin said:
Looking for being different from other cyclists? Well I recommend Velits brother's company:

It' just different feeling then wearing those polyesters which really make me feel like wearing recycled plastic bottles.

I'm a huge fan of merino, pretty much don't wear anything else except a friends Cafe's kit. Thanks for the link, little pricey for me at the moment though... :(

As am I. Used to like to get Cima Coppi when they were in Vancouver. Then they moved to Spain, and now add in the import duties and shipping to Canada and it is way outside what I am comfortable paying for a cycling jersey.

Still and all, nice stuff.

Cimacoppi.cc

purcell said:
King Boonen said:
Martin said:

As am I. Used to like to get Cima Coppi when they were in Vancouver. Then they moved to Spain, and now add in the import duties and shipping to Canada and it is way outside what I am comfortable paying for a cycling jersey.

Still and all, nice stuff.

Cimacoppi.cc

Cima Coppi... I am also a very big fan ;)

image_zpsxq2lhcqk.jpg

TRENDING THREADS