• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When did you realize LA was a cheat?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

When did you see the light on LA's doping?

• Never: I still have my head in the sand!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
2006 seals the deal

I'd been suspicious all along for all the various reasons given in the poll. However, his chief competitors being busted in Puerto removed all doubt. That the supposed clean guy could dominate against dopers for all those years stretches credulity past the breaking point.

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
When the 1999 EPO positives were leaked. I was on the fence before that but I didn't understand how people could think he was clean after that. It seemed like proof of doping, but maybe I misinterpreted that story, since evidently it wasn't proof enough in the courts or public opinion.

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
buckle said:
Walked out on his church going wife - guilty conscience.

I fell out of love with Lance when he walked out on Kik. It was much easier after that to consider the doping accusations being leveled at him.

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
Cheat? I think he's clean. 600 tests. Never tested positive.

People seem to forget about all those tests......but then again they were probably performed by the team doctors,,,,oops did I say that out loud....

That 500 test argument is straight out of Monty Pythons Holy Grail...." bring out your dead"

Fortyninefourteen said:
People seem to forget about all those tests......but then again they were probably performed by the team doctors,,,,oops did I say that out loud....

That 500 test argument is straight out of Monty Pythons Holy Grail...." bring out your dead"

That's just hearsay. Never tested positive.