• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When do you think SKY will get caught?

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

When will SKY get caught?

• Never, because they are clean.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Cavendash said:
Thats not what he said though was it, not even close.

Window licking central this place.

Those crazy window lickers love to rock the Sky bus.

But a T&R would be cleansing for the bus, don't you think? I do.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
northstar said:
Those crazy window lickers love to rock the Sky bus.

But a T&R would be cleansing for the bus, don't you think? I do.

We need less window-licking claims and more bus-throw-undery.

I realised today the T&RC is not for the dopers. It's for the guys who don't want to or didn't dope, to dob in their counterparts.

So here's a ginormous hurrah for T&RC, starting with Sky.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Bernie's eyesore said:
It's always a good idea when posting something like this to provide a link so that we can all see what you have seen, thanks in anticipation.

"Froome claimed his relationship had been sensationalized and is confident Bradley Wiggins will work for him in July, just as he helped Wiggins at the 2012 Tour de France.

"It's been sensationalized a lot. We're not best friends but we've got a working relationship and I think we'll both do exactly what's asked of each for the team, so we can achieve the team's goals," Froome told Cyclingnews."

There's a few passages in BWs book where Wiggins has a bit of a go at Froome in a subtle (yet very noticeable) sort of way.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
SundayRider said:
"Froome claimed his relationship had been sensationalized and is confident Bradley Wiggins will work for him in July, just as he helped Wiggins at the 2012 Tour de France.

"It's been sensationalized a lot. We're not best friends but we've got a working relationship and I think we'll both do exactly what's asked of each for the team, so we can achieve the team's goals," Froome told Cyclingnews."

There's a few passages in BWs book where Wiggins has a bit of a go at Froome in a subtle (yet very noticeable) sort of way.

So they have a good working relationship and Froome is confident Wiggins will work for him in the Tour de France? Thanks.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Bernie's eyesore said:
So they have a good working relationship and Froome is confident Wiggins will work for him in the Tour de France? Thanks.

Contrary to a few things that Wiggins has said in the press, in the book BW basically says there was lots of times in the Tour that he was very annoyed with Froome. Froome wanting to attack, Wiggins wanting to ride conservatively.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
SundayRider said:
Contrary to a few things that Wiggins has said in the press, in the book BW basically says there was lots of times in the Tour that he was very annoyed with Froome. Froome wanting to attack, Wiggins wanting to ride conservatively.

So when you said ' Wiggins - Froome's relationship doesn't seem to be getting better...', you were talking about comments made in a book which was published a few months ago. Fair enough.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Bernie's eyesore said:
So when you said ' Wiggins - Froome's relationship doesn't seem to be getting better...', you were talking about comments made in a book which was published a few months ago. Fair enough.

Yeah I wasn't very clear about that and the quotes didn't really represent that either.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Regards the poll.... Was there ever a similar poll regards pharmstrong and cohorts say 5 years or so ago? Ain't been here long enough to know. Though it might be interesting to compare results if there was such a poll.
Any of you longer serving forumites know?

Darryl Webster said:
Regards the poll.... Was there ever a similar poll regards pharmstrong and cohorts say 5 years or so ago? Ain't been here long enough to know. Though it might be interesting to compare results if there was such a poll.
Any of you longer serving forumites know?

7 years ago, we already has 6 definite epo positives from 1999 in the evidence locker, along with his time travelling TUE.
LA Confidential had been in print since 2004.

An LA poll would need to be at least 10 years old.
So, the answer is no.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
7 years ago, we already has 6 definite epo positives from 1999 in the evidence locker, along with his time travelling TUE.
LA Confidential had been in print since 2004.

An LA poll would need to be at least 10 years old.
So, the answer is no.

Indeed we did but my experience , when Armstrong made his return was that the vast majority of " fans" were either ignorant of or didn't believe any of that much as the majority of fans , as yet, don't find Wiggo, Froom,s Porte and Rogers 2012 Tdf cause for concern. Right up to the USADA verdict fans seemed to outnumber sceptics and then , over night , was as if the lights went on.:rolleyes: I even had several genuine apologies on other forums.
So my point was , in asking regards a comparison, more to with seeing " the faith " base rather than evidence ( though in Sky it's circumstantial) base.

Good news for the classics!

These days one race is enough before Flanders :rolleyes:

Lots of cobbles in Tenerife. Apparently.

Indeed, Sky's performances at the opening weekend of the Belgian season seem all the more significant - at least to the outside observer - given that its Classics squad will forgo both Paris-Nice and Tirreno-Adriatico in order to prepare for the monuments with a training camp in Tenerife.

As for what will happen behind away from the cameras at the Tenerife training camp, Knaven was keeping his cards close to his chest, although he seemed amused by the mystique that has built up around Tim Kerrison's designs for Sky's approach to the classics.

"It's not top secret but it's not for me to talk about training, I'm not a trainer," Knaven said. "It's not like they'll do something totally different, maybe just certain efforts. But in the end, you all have to ride the bike and push the pedals, and at certain moments in training you have to go as hard as possible. It's not like we've reinvented the wheel."