• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When was EPO introduced to the Tour?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

blutto said:
"I began hearing about EPO two to three years ago through the grapevine in running circles," said John Treacy, a silver medalist in the 1984 Olympic marathon. "The story was there was this new drug that would take over from blood doping, and that it was much better."

Cheers

Using EPO is blood doping. Is there a timeline of when the different blood doping methods came into use in the peloton? Including when they were outlawed?

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

King Boonen said:
blutto said:
"I began hearing about EPO two to three years ago through the grapevine in running circles," said John Treacy, a silver medalist in the 1984 Olympic marathon. "The story was there was this new drug that would take over from blood doping, and that it was much better."

Cheers

Using EPO is blood doping. Is there a timeline of when the different blood doping methods came into use in the peloton? Including when they were outlawed?

....I believe they were referring to various "doping" methods using transfused blood ...

Cheers

Things never change on this forum.

The question of "When was EPO introduced to CYCLING" will never come to the mind of anybody. Because you just don't like cycling. For you it's just one race, three at best.

You are just elitists...

TRENDING THREADS