• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When will Geraint Thomas win a GT?

When will Geraint Thomas win a GT?

Votes: 2 3.0%

Votes: 14 20.9%

Votes: 16 23.9%

Votes: 9 13.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • All of the above

Votes: 19 28.4%

• Total voters
Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Koba80 said:
If Cobo can win one... (the one that doesn't matter)

Because Cobo didn't do anything after that Vuelta, doesn't mean he's a example every good rider can win a GT. Cobo always was a great climber. I don't know what he did before and during that Vuelta, but when he was on, he was a top-class climber.

I personally think G can fight for the podium in the future. The guy can do everyting. But winning against Froome? Don't know about that.

Highest GC place for G. in a GT is at the moment 22 in last year TDF.I think it's too early to tell what he can do.Next year he'll get his chance as a leader in Giro or Vuelta than we can see his true potential.

Re:

Koba80 said:
If Cobo can win one... (the one that doesn't matter)

Cobo had much more potential for 3 weeks race than Thomas, that is for sure.

if Cobo would have had the profesionality and the will of Thomas he would have won le Tour.
He was as well one of those riders that were harmed by past era (despite he was in one of the less legal teams of that era), as Evans, Sastre,...

it is a pity people think just the oposite, but Cobo s motor was huge. The problem was inside his head.

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Best indeed is last year. 1 hour after GC leader.
Show me 5 climbing performances from George Thomas before this year that he can do well in a GC.

When will Gallopin win a GT? :D He did good yesterday too!

Thomas? He could try to win the Giro or la Vuelta,I don't see him finishing ahead of a fit Quintana,fit Aru or fit Nibali..though
Moreover he's already 29 y.o.,I don't know how much time he has left in the tank

But..Sky can do miracles, we'll see

Re:

Gogojv said:
Best indeed is last year. 1 hour after GC leader.
Show me 5 climbing performances from George Thomas before this year that he can do well in a GC.

Has he ever target a GC?
Is that a definitive argument?
he said after his stop for the Olimpic track he will try hopw strong he can be in GC in tours. He has to work, but he is in that, it is a problem when you are good in all the things in cycling but you are not maybe the best in anyone... the best then is to be a superdomestique.

Re:

Poursuivant said:
Is that you, 'the sceptic'?
You think the sceptic is the only person in the world who reacted that way to G Thomas yesterday?

It might as well have been Cav that came 5th yesterday, it was a shock to see a rider who at 25 said he didn't like the climby bits of stages beat every single TDF gc leader outside of Movistar.

TRENDING THREADS