when will THIS be addressed

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
NashbarShorts said:
It is much more difficult to bury a postive CURRENTLY, b/c the test results go simulataneously to WADA and the UCI.

But this was not always the case, correct? Its only in the recent few years that WADA has been put in the loop.

As such, prior it would have been EXTREMELY EASY to bury a positive. When it is a closed loop containing only the UCI, it doesn't get much easier.
WADA only became involved in July 2004 - before that positives were sent to the UCI & the IOC - which of course Verbruggen was a senior member of.
 
Aug 13, 2009
12,855
0
0
Bilirubin said:
The UCI did do such a thing. Laurant Brochard when he won the worlds. Armstrong at the TdS. They also allowed an invented, back dated TUE in 1999 and tried to hide Contador's positive in 2010. I could go on but you get the picture.

I liked Willy's take on the subject. After spending many pages detailing how riders avoided detection he says that the best way to not test positive is to be a Star rider.

WADA came to be because the UCI was ignoring, some say enabling, doping. The corruption was so deep on both the international and national level the only solution was to develop an independent body
 
Race Radio said:
The UCI did do such a thing. Laurant Brochard when he won the worlds. Armstrong at the TdS. They also allowed an invented, back dated TUE in 1999 and tried to hide Contador's positive in 2010. I could go on but you get the picture.

I liked Willy's take on the subject. After spending many pages detailing how riders avoided detection he says that the best way to not test positive is to be a Star rider.

WADA came to be because the UCI was ignoring, some say enabling, doping. The corruption was so deep on both the international and national level the only solution was to develop an independent body
Wow, what an unfortunate state of affairs, when it's easier to start a brand new agency than to clean up the existing one. Deplorable and discouraging. But, hopefully one that's coming to an end when the indictments for corruption, kickbacks and fraud start rolling.
 
Oct 25, 2010
3,049
2
0
Race Radio said:
WADA came to be because the UCI was ignoring, some say enabling, doping. The corruption was so deep on both the international and national level the only solution was to develop an independent body
The UCI was hardly alone, but I'll concede that UCI's problems were indeed the primary motivators to force the issue with the IOC.
 
NashbarShorts said:
"The fight against doping".
"The fight against being sanctioned for doping."
C'mon, it's just semantics!

Lance initially said it was a check for 25K. McQuaid confessed to 100K.
C'mon neither of these guys are accountants. Its a mistake any of us could make!

The real shocker is that the UCI actually has an "Ethics committee". :eek:
+1

and here they are...



Outgoing President Hein Verbruggen Congratulates New President Pat McQuaid
 

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
3,853
0
0
NashbarShorts said:
It is much more difficult to bury a postive CURRENTLY, b/c the test results go simulataneously to WADA and the UCI.

But this was not always the case, correct? Its only in the recent few years that WADA has been put in the loop.

As such, prior it would have been EXTREMELY EASY to bury a positive. When it is a closed loop containing only the UCI, it doesn't get much easier.
Sylvia Schenk would disagree with you per the link posted by Bilirubin.
She was specifically talking about the supposed "Lance Armstrong Coverup".

And btw, Lance was tested by WADA Accredited labs plenty of times.
Just ask **** Pound lol.
 
Jun 19, 2009
5,220
0
0
Dr. Maserati said:
WADA only became involved in July 2004 - before that positives were sent to the UCI & the IOC - which of course Verbruggen was a senior member of.
Isn't there a Spaniard involved in the IOC? Seems like his name was...John or something like that in his native country. Remember him having problems with money coming out of Utah some time ago. Might be a different guy.
 
Jul 6, 2010
2,340
0
0
Oldman said:
Isn't there a Spaniard involved in the IOC? Seems like his name was...John or something like that in his native country. Remember him having problems with money coming out of Utah some time ago. Might be a different guy.
He' not with the IOC anymore. But get this - he's publicly stated that they shouldn't bother testing at the olympics because it could be bad for the oly's image.

I'll have to find the old interview so I can put a link up. We could always ask D*ck Pound, I'm pretty sure he hated him...

Juan Antonio Samaranch
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS