• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Where is Michael Rasmussen these days?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 16, 2009
Visit site
forty four said:
hes one of the few riders i just dont like regardless of the charges against him. i really dislike his demeanor and vibe in general seems like a shady guy to me.

I don't get the personality analysis of riders so many people seem to have. You don't know these guys!

I love guys like the Chicken, he made races interesting.

Anyway, I hope the Chicken comes back. I want riders who have either been caught or like the Chicken earned their suspensions to come back. It is just deserts. I cheered for Millar today. I want cheaters to come clean and win, or die trying as much as I want the Voekler's and Voigts to keep banging their heads in useless escapes. Or, watch them suck the peloton's vapors as a clean rider...

Tastes like CHICKEN

In many ways, I didn't agree with the Chicken getting burnt.

Contador didn't win the Tour, in My opin.

We should all hope Rasmussen returns; He was an exciting racer and made the race interesting.

If Michael is found guilty of anything it is after the fact and My opin could change but at the moment, He is only guilty of misplacement.

During the Tour of 2007, I know where He was.

The GCW said:
In many ways, I didn't agree with the Chicken getting burnt.

Contador didn't win the Tour, in My opin.

We should all hope Rasmussen returns; He was an exciting racer and made the race interesting.

If Michael is found guilty of anything it is after the fact and My opin could change but at the moment, He is only guilty of misplacement.

During the Tour of 2007, I know where He was.

I am all in favor of riders being welcomed back into the pro peloton after serving their suspensions. Generally only a few get caught for what many are doing, and it will always be that way.

But I couldn't disagree more with your assessment that Rasmussen is not guilty of anything. Purposely misleading the UCI and your team as to your whereabouts for several weeks is a doping positive. There is only one reason for doing it, and that reason was obvious on the mountain stages in the 07 Tour

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
where is Michael Rasmussen these days

VeloFidelis said:
I am all in favor of riders being welcomed back into the pro peloton after serving their suspensions. Generally only a few get caught for what many are doing, and it will always be that way.

But I couldn't disagree more with your assessment that Rasmussen is not guilty of anything. Purposely misleading the UCI and your team as to your whereabouts for several weeks is a doping positive. There is only one reason for doing it, and that reason was obvious on the mountain stages in the 07 Tour

it's funny to listen to senior members of this board rant as trolls...on important matters like one of the best climbers in the world...
(not taking about velofidelis)

As for his whereabouts problems none of them they were nothing close to the tour and 2 of them were in Denmark. is all known in Europe he was not the best friend of the President of the Association for political reasons, remember who brought this up?
Rabobank riders at the time has spoken about all knowing the whereabouts issue openly, and have you wondered where is the team director now?

M.R. was just at a bad time for something minimal that had been not an big issue previous few years.

Contador has more close ties with doping during the previous years on the Puerto but at the time of the Tdf 07 he was not a high priority of the UCI or Amaury Sport Organization.

Many comentators and riders still speak about him as the best on the mountains, even Lance has.

His blood profile is was on line right after the allegations too, and somehow it could not be used in court for some weird loophole.

Even Bob Roll and others mention that Contador was the "best climber on the race"

Anyway, I am not rying to condone any kind of illegal practice, but even in America, ebery one should be innocent until proven guilty.
And if I remember well, Rasmussen has never been caught doping.

My personal view is that when he was riding the tour, his agresivesness, riding style and cadence had seen no match for spectators and comentators alike for years, and i really hope he can return one day, many past tour winners have spoken about it... I just feel is fair too. This tour would have been at least a little exciting with him in it. Just ask Sastre.

Or did anyone here got up your seats with the "attacks" of the Schelck brothers?