• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Where to watch the Giro

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

Firstly sorry if this is the wrong forum/ has already been answered, but I couldn't find the answer on here.

I'm wanting a solid (+English) stream to watch the Giro, I normally have eurosport but have recently moved house and have it no longer. I used to use everythingon.tv which streamed eurosport 24/7 but that has been taken offline. I love the giro so dont particularly want to watch it on shaky and poor quality streams, I know there are some good ones out there (and i thank anyone who takes the trouble to stream them) but they can be hit and miss.

Does anyone pay for the online eurosport player? Is it a good stream and easy to cancel if you only want it for the cycling season?!

Thanks in advance.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Wish someone would help us out. I have more or less the same issue: how to watch the Giro (and the Vuelta, for that matter) online. I'll pay for a good quality feed and some live stats. Eurosport is not available to me in the USA, and I have not found any other English language feed.

Can anyone help us out?

RCS will have a free, unrestricted and reasonable quality stream through Gazzetta, just like they did for T-A. Italian commentary.

http://videochat.gazzetta.it/index_giro.shtml

That should be the link for it (thanks Steephill)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EurosportPlayer is an option in the UK, but be careful with their coverage times. I will let someone else comment on quality etc.
In the US Universal Sports offer live video (+more?) of all stages for a modest price

http://www.universalsports.com/cycling/events/event=US0302108/viewers-guide/index.html
Then there will be a range of 3rd party streams in a variety of languages. Of course the reliability and quality of these are always suspect, but are still fine to enjoy the race as a last resort.

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea the Gavia stage was due to the snow + bad weather but they managed :).
But I dont know about Eurosport, they seem a bit random to me.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:
RCS will have a free, unrestricted and reasonable quality stream through Gazzetta, just like they did for T-A. Italian commentary.

http://videochat.gazzetta.it/index_giro.shtml

That should be the link for it (thanks Steephill)
EurosportPlayer is an option in the UK, but be careful with their coverage times. I will let someone else comment on quality etc.
In the US Universal Sports offer live video (+more?) of all stages for a modest price

http://www.universalsports.com/cycling/events/event=US0302108/viewers-guide/index.html
Then there will be a range of 3rd party streams in a variety of languages. Of course the reliability and quality of these are always suspect, but are still fine to enjoy the race as a last resort.

Yeah, thats my usual choice.
stream is great, even good enough to screen it on a TV.

The shows before and after stages are just great, like the coverage itself. :D
2-3 riders show up there regularly, flanked by passionate experts and nice girls.

A

Anonymous

Eurosport player is worth it for the month, only £4-£5 for a whole month and easy to cancel at the end of that time. Very often they actually show coverage earlier than the tv times.

If not there will be streams galore, but the quality will be hit and miss as ever.

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
thanks guys,

think i'll shell out the few quid for eurosport, though will bookmark the other streams suggested too.

Just can't bare the thought of my stream cutting out on one of the big stages, need at least one backup!

TRENDING THREADS