• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Where will Bmc get their 1st win?

Where wil BMC get their 1st win

• Won't win at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Fleche or liege imo. Or he will come very close there. I may sound like cav here but evans could go to some 2.1 grade race in the middle of timbuktoo and get a win but evans is a classy bike rider. He goes and wants and can win against the best.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Fleche or liege imo. Or he will come very close there. I may sound like cav here but evans could go to some 2.1 grade race in the middle of timbuktoo and get a win but evans is a classy bike rider. He goes and wants and can win against the best.

But he doesnt and wont.

Fist win will be Big George in a post season paintball tornament.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Cadel should have a shot at both Fleche and Liege, maybe moreso the latter because the finish suits him better, but those are two very tough races and it's easy to miss out even if you have the form. Romandie is a possibility, but Cali will be the Columbia and Shack show, I'd be surprised if BMC could get a word in edge-ways there. They'll nab something at the Giro, though, I'm sure.

Ok, for you guys who voted that they won't win at all:

You can't honestly think they are going to go the entire season without a win, do you? Seriously, when is the last time a team did that? And you may dislike him, but do you really think a rider as strong as Cadel is going to go an entire season without a single win?

What you guys can't separate your dislike for Cadel/BMC from reason?

Ok, wait a second. BMC was a pro continental team last year. They were racing Gila and one or two Euro races when they could get an invite.

Sure, now they've added some pro caliber talent, but let's face it. They're still in the building phase. Cut these guys some slack. They're not quite where OPL is right now.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
jaylew said:
Ok, for you guys who voted that they won't win at all:

...do you really think a rider as strong as Cadel is going to go an entire season without a single win?

You're right.
He did win THREE times last year.
He only has to win 1/3 as much to justify his team!

Ballan won ONCE.
So he just has to stay status quo.

Hincapie (tee hee) won ONCE.
Ditto Ballan.

So...yeah...<yawn>...good luck bmcyalater!

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Evans might win the la fleche.. he is a very good rider and its a good race for him so he has a chance.. I voted for romandie/california I think evans will win the tour of romandie and someone will get a stage win in the tour of california being an american team..they arte american arentt they?

I don't know what their chances are of winning a GT stage because we haven't really seen BMC commit riders to going in the early breaks. That is their real hopes as Cadel isn't as strong in the TT as he was before and they don't have a sprinter. I also can't see Cadel winning a MTF because there really isn't much evidence to show that he's suddenly going to start it at this point.

By the way, I'm pretty sure that BMC won't be taking part in Gila at all this year because of their Europe-heavy schedule.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
palmerq said:
Evans might win the la fleche.. he is a very good rider and its a good race for him so he has a chance.. I voted for romandie/california I think evans will win the tour of romandie and someone will get a stage win in the tour of california being an american team..they arte american arentt they?

are bmc riding romandie? I wasn't sure...

Also if evans does ride romandie I think it would be a little silly to go all out at romandie for the win. It's basically the warm up race for the giro, Menchov just cruised it last year. So yeah I don't see evans wasting energy at romandie to be honest, he'll have 3 tough weeks ahead of his as it is.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
are bmc riding romandie? I wasn't sure...

Also if evans does ride romandie I think it would be a little silly to go all out at romandie for the win. It's basically the warm up race for the giro, Menchov just cruised it last year. So yeah I don't see evans wasting energy at romandie to be honest, he'll have 3 tough weeks ahead of his as it is.

+1 agreed Timmy....if Cadel doesnt get a win this weekend ..then Romandie might be their first win this season..

TRENDING THREADS