• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Where will Bmc get their 1st win?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Where wil BMC get their 1st win

• Won't win at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
How can you judge the quality of such inexperienced riders?
Googling stats is one thing, but their ability to survive a Grand Tour is a complete unknown.
It's not about helping Cadel for these guys, but staying the course.
The Giro's third week will decimate this young team, if indeed they get that far.

I totally agree. I don't think he/nor he should expect too much out of them in the 3rd week. It is a real disadvantage for him to lose experienced riders like santambrogio and balland. S'brogio is a good climber and ballan has good allround abilities that he can do his bit.

I can judge their qualities in past races but yes some of the younger ones are going to struggle in the 3rd week. But in saying that you can't wrap them up in cotton wool. You need to let them experience it.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
How can you judge the quality of such inexperienced riders?
Googling stats is one thing, but their ability to survive a Grand Tour is a complete unknown.
It's not about helping Cadel for these guys, but staying the course.
The Giro's third week will decimate this young team, if indeed they get that far.

I agree none of their young riders have really done a lot. So you can't really call them quality until they prove themselves.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Auscycyle right again.

Ha ha, good on you, Auscycle and good on you Cadel! That's shut up the knockers...faux pas, you donkeys!. How anyone can bag a world champion and GT podium-finisher as a failure is beyond me, as if any of you smart-a$$es wouldn't give a nut to do what young Mr Evans has achieved (if you had any to give, that is):p

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I think he needs one at the moment!

Actually the focus on Lotto and BMC not winning only highlights to me the fact that both teams are doing well in the UCI rankings, yet other teams have a couple of wins but they are in nothing races.
I mean guys like Footon, not only do they have the ugliest kit but they are well out classed by lots of smaller teams, at least FdJ and BBox look OK

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
par3192239_600.jpg

whoooo hooooo!!!

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
You know, that photo has made me reconsider my criticism of his celebration. It doesn't play well on TV I guess, but I can go for the furious primal scream celebration.

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
He gave us a "fine" victory salute on that one also.

I'm going to cut him some slack on the victory salutes. Its not like he gets to practice them very often.

Good on him for finally learning from his past mistakes. Hopefully he shows the same improvement by not letting key rivals get away in stage races too.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
mherm79 said:
i voted for a Giro win, but I think a stage win might be more realistic. Not sure where Cadel can make the time he needs?

well Cadel showed he has some pretty good climbing legs. I think this win, coming over the top of AC, will change things for him and certainly what my expectations are of him for the season.

TRENDING THREADS