• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Where will Roman Kreuziger ride in 2013

Which team will be RK in for 2013

• Continental team, which

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
After his failure on Giro and subsequent comment of Martinelli (see. http://velonews.competitor.com/2012...upset-with-kreuzigers-giro-performance_220605 , now it seems clear he will change the team for the next season.
Despite nobody knows the the reason of Romans's failure, I try here to put one of the possible explanations - but still only my subjective speculation.
I question his mental condition, maybe he isn't enough stable when under strong stress conditions, can't manage strong stress hence he can't give it all he could mainly on decisive moments of big races. Think he is determined and works hard yet he may bears subtle doubts in mind. The more stressful it makes while being designated the only leader, a man who stands it all. Throughout the years there have been several indications he has problems to handle severe stress and set the mind optimally. E.g. he did a great job in "second-class" races as Romandie, TdSuisse, and in TdF when he shares leadership with Nibali, did a great Mt Ventaux - after dropped a little before in the race; or the case of support for Nibali on La Vuelta - after he refused co-leadership role in favour of a domestique role when performed excellent.

So those are some of premises for a selection ofthese preferred teams:

Honestly, I think Martinelli is being a jerk. The way Kreuziger collapsed wasn't normal, I'm pretty sure there has to be some medical problem underneath. On top of that, Kreuziger has been performing well this season, and there's still many races ahead. Unless he's lambasting him because he knows Roman doesn't train hard enough or something like that, I don't think his comments are warranted, and more importantly, they're counterproductive.

Martinelli's statements are quite cryptic, though. I'm tempted to interpret them in a Clinicky way.

Oh, and, huh, Vacansoleil? They would benefit from having a(nother) top 10 rider, and he might benefit from Vacansoleil's usually aggressive racing.

hrotha said:
Honestly, I think Martinelli is being a jerk. The way Kreuziger collapsed wasn't normal, I'm pretty sure there has to be some medical problem underneath. On top of that, Kreuziger has been performing well this season, and there's still many races ahead. Unless he's lambasting him because he knows Roman doesn't train hard enough or something like that, I don't think his comments are warranted, and more importantly, they're counterproductive.

Martinelli's statements are quite cryptic, though. I'm tempted to interpret them in a Clinicky way.

Oh, and, huh, Vacansoleil? They would benefit from having a(nother) top 10 rider, and he might benefit from Vacansoleil's usually aggressive racing.

You do realize that collapsing and losing time in a GT used to be very normal!

Think about it.....

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
The way Kreuziger collapsed wasn't normal, I'm pretty sure there has to be some medical problem underneath...

He had to use antibiotics during Tour de Romandie, so...

hrotha said:
...Unless he's lambasting him because he knows Roman doesn't train hard enough or something like that...

Martinelli on Saturday 5 May 2012: How is Kreuziger? "Better than last year, for sure. We have prepared him gradually for the Giro... I think that Roman, who will miss the Tour and focus on Vuelta and the World Championships, could feasibly win the Giro".

Martinelli on 24 May 2012: "...It’s up to him to correct something in his preparations or the way in which he races. There’s something that’s not right."

Martinelli definitely is a jerk.

hrotha said:

Kreuziger got results in races that suited his characteristics. Then he got sick at the Giro del Trentino and was on antibiotics for a while. His form hasn't been great throughout this Giro. Knowing this, it makes sense that he lost 11 minutes in a Giro stage that didn't suit him AT ALL.

I would like for him to stay at Astana but if the situation degenerates he should go to a team where they can support him. Some teams do not need another leader ( BMC ) and teams like Greenedge will focus on Aussie riders.

Therefore i think OPQS would be good. He could focus on the Ardennes/ other races.

I wonder if Liquigas might take a stab at trying to sign him again?

greenedge said:
I would like for him to stay at Astana but if the situation degenerates he should go to a team where they can support him. Some teams do not need another leader ( BMC ) and teams like Greenedge will focus on Aussie riders.

Therefore i think OPQS would be good. He could focus on the Ardennes/ other races.

I wonder if Liquigas might take a stab at trying to sign him again?

Yeah I can see that happen, they'll lose both Basso and Nibali next year, so there should be some money free for Kreuziger, even if Sagan got a big raise. If he doesn't manage to do anything "better" during the rest of the season I can see him go to one of the pro-continental Italian teams. Farnese look as if they could need a GC man, maybe Aqua & Sapone too? Can't see Garzelli doing much next year (or is he retiring?)

CasperVg said:
Yeah I can see that happen, they'll lose both Basso and Nibali next year, so there should be some money free for Kreuziger, even if Sagan got a big raise. If he doesn't manage to do anything "better" during the rest of the season I can see him go to one of the pro-continental Italian teams. Farnese look as if they could need a GC man, maybe Aqua & Sapone too? Can't see Garzelli doing much next year (or is he retiring?)

Is Basso retiring:confused:. And where is Nibali Going?

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
paveton said:
He had to use antibiotics during Tour de Romandie, so...

Martinelli on Saturday 5 May 2012: How is Kreuziger? "Better than last year, for sure. We have prepared him gradually for the Giro... I think that Roman, who will miss the Tour and focus on Vuelta and the World Championships, could feasibly win the Giro".

Martinelli on 24 May 2012: "...It’s up to him to correct something in his preparations or the way in which he races. There’s something that’s not right."

Martinelli definitely is a jerk.

yeah lol. like that's an excuse. purito was on anti biotics first week of ther giro last year and still performed well in final week

CasperVg said:

Basso is likely to stay as he wants to go for another Giro or 2...

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
yeah lol. like that's an excuse. purito was on anti biotics first week of ther giro last year and still performed well in final week

yeah lol, Ryo. That alone is not excuse, because he was on antibiotics and performed well on TdR. That's just a sign, that there could be "some medical problem underneath", as hrotha said.

TRENDING THREADS