• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Whereabouts testing - an invasion of privacy?

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Full story (cricket)

Basically the BCCI is a very rich controlling sports body that has more $$$$$ then everybody else. I don't mean to bring other sports into here, it's interesting to see one sports body dismiss as a 'invasion of privacy' and yet we see a uproar if a rider misses a test (or a certain rider goes into the shower to have a pull for 20 minutes). I know we have a few ex-pros and riders who have ridden at a very high level, so I ask, it is a real pain in the **** having to fill out the forms?

No it's not. Cycling has gotten itself into this mess so sacrifices have to be made. Inconvenient it sure is, and the whereabouts forms must be seriously tedious, but there has to be some sort of repercussions to the widespread doping.

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Full story (cricket)

Basically the BCCI is a very rich controlling sports body that has more $$$$$ then everybody else. I don't mean to bring other sports into here, it's interesting to see one sports body dismiss as a 'invasion of privacy' and yet we see a uproar if a rider misses a test (or a certain rider goes into the shower to have a pull for 20 minutes). I know we have a few ex-pros and riders who have ridden at a very high level, so I ask, it is a real pain in the **** having to fill out the forms?

Fortunately wearabouts reporting hadnt been conjured up when i raced. random out of competition testing only came along towards the end , but that was bad enough. You were given 24hrs notice though. How convenient that was. Never did get used to having some strange man watch me **** into a jar.

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
beroepsrenner said:
Fortunately wearabouts reporting hadnt been conjured up when i raced. random out of competition testing only came along towards the end , but that was bad enough. You were given 24hrs notice though. How convenient that was. Never did get used to having some strange man watch me **** into a jar.

Your post made me think of this movie. Le Velo de Ghislain Lambert (2000).

craig1985 said:
Full story (cricket)

I posted tangentially about this on my blog. It's not a pain to fill out the forms. It's all done online and updates can be sent in via text or email. And I am looking forward to some "morning after," when I have to text-in a temporary location update to USADA after having had an adventurous time the night before. LOL :cool:

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
joe_papp said:
I posted tangentially about this on my blog. It's not a pain to fill out the forms. It's all done online and updates can be sent in via text or SMS.

Finally!! We were all here waiting for your valuable input.

But no-one could confirm your 'whereabout's!

A

Anonymous

Dr. Maserati said:
Finally!! We were all here waiting for your valuable input.

But no-one could confirm your 'whereabout's!

Yea Joe, you said you were going to Italy. Amore & Vita?