• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Where's The Doping Forum?

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
It seems the Road forum is 75% doping.

Why isn't there just a Doping forum for all those that wish to relish in it?

I for one couldn't care less what the riders do, if they race, I watch. There's so many hippocrates in the Forum that call for all the riders to "come clean", it's comical. Ask them if they've come clean in their own life and you can hear a pin drop.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
lostintime said:
Ask them if they've come clean in their own life and you can hear a pin drop.

I was born of July 1, 1960 in Johannesburg, RSA.

I was asked, by a renown cycling coach to use steroids to "further" my just starting out cycling career. I chose not to "boost". My coach lost a great cyclist, me.

I once cheated during a gynecological exam by lying, "What do you mean I'm pregnant! We ALWAYS used protection!"

I was pregnant when I got married, and I wore a chaste-fully beautiful white gown.

I had a gut feeling of "doubt" when saying my wedding vows. I should have listened to my gut, and not believed my now ex-husband's words.

I feel I failed my first born, due to working two jobs to provide for him.

I had buyers remorse after purchasing my Orbea Diva with Campy gear. That bike was a small fortune given the amount of time and energy I have to ride it. It sits (though a true beauty, she is!) in a back room of my house with a thin layer of dust on it.

I really detested former President G."W" Bush - although due to citizenry, I could neither vote for nor against him.

My brother died of A.I.D.S.

I miscarried my second pregnancy. It was indeed, a very sad time in my life.

You wanted full disclosure, I gave you partial. If you want me to name names, including mine, you are out of your ****ing tree. I am not a public figure.

The pin has dropped.

NEXT!

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
tifosa said:
I was born of July 1, 1960 in Johannesburg, RSA.

I was asked, by a renown cycling coach to use steroids to "further" my just starting out cycling career. I chose not to "boost". My coach lost a great cyclist, me.

I once cheated during a gynecological exam by lying, "What do you mean I'm pregnant! We ALWAYS used protection!"

I was pregnant when I got married, and I wore a chaste-fully beautiful white gown.

I had a gut feeling of "doubt" when saying my wedding vows. I should have listened to my gut, and not believed my now ex-husband's words.

I feel I failed my first born, due to working two jobs to provide for him.

I had buyers remorse after purchasing my Orbea Diva with Campy gear. That bike was a small fortune given the amount of time and energy I have to ride it. It sits (though a true beauty, she is!) in a back room of my house with a thin layer of dust on it.

I really detested former President G."W" Bush - although due to citizenry, I could neither vote for nor against him.

My brother died of A.I.D.S.

I miscarried my second pregnancy. It was indeed, a very sad time in my life.

You wanted full disclosure, I gave you partial. If you want me to name names, including mine, you are out of your ****ing tree. I am not a public figure.

The pin has dropped.

NEXT!

lostintime said:
What was that?

I seem to have heard something blowing in the wind.

It was very weak.

Hmmm . . . . must have been dust.

how the **** was that weak you dip**** :confused: she just told you her whole life story

anyway, whats that got to do with a doping forum????????? when he said to come clean he didnt mean you

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
cyclelicious said:
Lost in time, don't you realize you're in it. It's a mob rule thing.

Yes, so true. But it's a cyber mob. They can soil themselves all day long, but I don't have to smell the stink.

And for michaeld05,

An anonymous story. I didn't ask, nor do I care to hear it. Truth or fiction? Who knows.

People are wanting the "Dopers" to come clean in public. Ask not what you are not willing to do yourself. That they are public figures make no difference. We're all equally human.

Where's the Doping forum?

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Well, I wasn't expecting to see it, but it's there . . .called "The Clinic" Forum. A Dopers delight.

Bravo for CN dividing up the Road forum:)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
No one better to have said this than you, lostintime:

lostintime said:
There's so many hippocrates in the Forum that call for all the riders to "come clean", it's comical. Ask them if they've come clean in their own life and you can hear a pin drop.

And since you brought it up, I'm asking you to come clean about your life. Right here. Then maybe, you can be critical of me. As for the riders, in a public and headline making sport such as cycling, yes, I think their audience has a right to ask that they come clean.

By the way, Hippocrates is known as the founding father of medicine. Hypocrites are people who indulge in hypocrisy, lostintime.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
tifosa said:
No one better to have said this than you, lostintime:

And since you brought it up, I'm asking you to come clean about your life. Right here. Then maybe, you can be critical of me. As for the riders, in a public and headline making sport such as cycling, yes, I think their audience has a right to ask that they come clean.

By the way, Hippocrates is known as the founding father of medicine. Hypocrites are people who indulge in hypocrisy, lostintime.

You missed the premise that I am not calling for riders to come clean , and I didn't ask you to do so. If that was honestly your life's story, and you've never lied or bent the rules any.... then good for you, as you're up there with Mother Teresa:). I would not expect anyone to reveal their transgressions here, and as I said . . I wasn't asking.

I'm commenting on the vast majority of forum members who call for riders to tell all they know publicly, yet if faced with the very same predicament as those riders . . would find it a very difficult situation.

Calling you weak . . . .that was not very nice of me and I apologize for that. If you want some honesty though, I am very inexperienced in social environments like this. My life is full of emotional and physical pain for which I come to forums like this to seek refuge and communication. There is no escape however..... and whatever the situation this pain is evident. I am who I am though. I've lied cheated and stolen in my life. I feel guilt every day for being alive . . . and that's all I need to say here.

I'm reminded of Jack Nicholson's line in "A Few Good Men" ....... "You want answers? . . . You can't handle the truth."

How many of us can handle the truth of the ego's capacity to deceive, mame and murder each other? I don't know. We see it every day, and it gets much worse than taking drugs to improve a performance could ever be.

I do not believe in forcing one to come clean of anything. They have to do it in their own time, when they are ready to do so. Cycling's problems run very very deep. I don't think a few coming clean will do much. Cycling will never come clean though because that would mean destroying it's image of itself.

BTW ..... So my use of proper English isn't perfect. . . . it's not high on my priority list in life.

TRENDING THREADS