• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Which gc riders will lose the tour de france on stage three?

Who will lose the tour de france on stage 3?

• Nobody will lose out

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

Anonymous

If it's raining there will be more than one. Probably more than two.

Contador and ASchleck are going to be in major trouble if it's raining.

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Contador and schlecks will lose some serious time. They are way too light and dont have the experience/power that Armstrong has on the cobbles.

I also am doubting astanas ability to support contador. When he went down on yesterdays stage i could see only 1 team mate in support whereas Armstrong had 7 radioshack riders on the front towing him back to the front of the race.

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
lancewillwin8 said:
Contador and schlecks will lose some serious time. They are way too light and dont have the experience/power that Armstrong has on the cobbles.

I also am doubting astanas ability to support contador. When he went down on yesterdays stage i could see only 1 team mate in support whereas Armstrong had 7 radioshack riders on the front towing him back to the front of the race.
agree, but contador had 2 teammates. eitherway, it wasnt good enough.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
If it's raining there will be more than one. Probably more than two.

Contador and ASchleck are going to be in major trouble if it's raining.

No rain in forecast tomorrow.

Still not sure about RS. Lots of light little climbers that will have as much trouble as AC.

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Some of those riders on your list aren't contenders in my opinion.

Of the 4-5 riders that are contenders I don't think any will lose out, they got a scare yesterday so will put everything into holding on today.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
blaxland said:
Ouch.......I think guys like Menchov,Gesink,Van Der Broek and A.Schleck will loose time in stage 3.I'd say about 1-2 minutes max.Hincapie to win stage..:D

Big George's steerer tube will snap... oh wait.

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
I think it is going to be a hard day for the Schlecks because they are going to be damn sore tomorrow. Having said that, in FC, Jens and Stuey they have three of the best guys to shepherd them through.

I don't think that Contador will have a problem. Vino will keep him where he needs to be.

Sastre will suffer I'm thinking but unless the weather is crappy I don't see any of the other GC contenders losing too much time barring crashes.

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
SpartacusRox said:
I think it is going to be a hard day for the Schlecks because they are going to be damn sore tomorrow. Having said that, in FC, Jens and Stuey they have three of the best guys to shepherd them through.

I don't think that Contador will have a problem. Vino will keep him where he needs to be.

Sastre will suffer I'm thinking but unless the weather is crappy I don't see any of the other GC contenders losing too much time barring crashes.

Agreed, I don't think Carlos will have much joy on the pave, he always struck me as a nervous bike handler, he come off, he might lose his bottle and lose minutes.. That said it isn't all that many cobbles, as professionals, it's their job to be able to handle all forms of road surfaces... Good luck to them all!

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
the shack will suffer today a major blow with at least one of their lightweight's (braj, ll, horner) being sacrificed. my guess it will be braj as he's the most dangerous competition to texas.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
could be...but even if one team does not agree (and i can see at least 2-3 teams seeking an advantage today) the neutralization wont work.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Basso has gone under the radar. How will he go is a complete mystery. Can't compare to 2004 as there were only 2 sectors which weren't that long.

The onlygc crash on that stage was mayo and he crashed on straight roads.

TRENDING THREADS