• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Which one is the best race: Tirreno-Adriatico or Paris Nice?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which one is the best race?

• Paris-Nice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Parrulo said:
i know it's down to a personal opinion, but i would say that the GC battle in TA was much better then in PN where you pretty much knew who was going to win after stage 1 and only had 1 meaningful stage GC wise after that.

in TA we had the strongest rider fighting back all the way down to te last stage

Err

Parrulo said:
the win in mende is very likely as it is like for wiggins to lose a few seconds there because it's a very explosive climb, PN is far from over and wiggins is far from having it in the bad like some were already saying yesterday

Parrulo said:
no way in hell will movistar allow a break to stay clear with bonus secs on the line. The question imo isn't who is going to win, that's clearly piti, the question is how well will wiggins manage his losses? he can win PN before we even get to the itt with a good performance here but since he is a diesel for the longer climbs i will say he will lose about 30 secs+ bonus to valverde which should make the final itt super interesting.

And of course after Mende Wiggins still had competition

Parrulo said:
i know it's down to a personal opinion, but i would say that the GC battle in TA was much better then in PN where you pretty much knew who was going to win after stage 1 and only had 1 meaningful stage GC wise after that.

in TA we had the strongest rider fighting back all the way down to te last stage

True but as i said i did not watch many of the stages ( except for Sagans' ) and both were close. Maybe i was disappointed that Kreuziger did not win.

Well I have to say Tirreno because Wiggins won Paris Nice and I don't like him very much :D

Still it's impossible not to recognize that Sky is the most well rounded team for stage races. They are really riding at a great level. If they had another leader I would be cheering for them :)

About Tirreno, I think it's Nibali's biggest win. Yeah he won the Vuelta but I really enjoyed the way he rode here. Kreuziguer disappointed me a bit by not trying anything on Prato di Tivo and even helping Horner keeping Nibali close.

Paris Nice was really a Vacansoleil-Sky show. Westra was a big surprise and it'll be interesting to see if he can become a one-week rider and one to go on breaks on GT mountain stages. It seems that De Ghendt is riding the Giro. I have high hopes for him on GT's based on Alpe d'Huez and Grenoble in last years TdF.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Looks like Contador and Wiggins will both be racing Tirreno this year.

The walls in Tirreno are probably too short for Bertie and too steep for Wiggo. May be too early in the year for Bertie, but he'll have a lot to prove vs. Wiggo, who should be at his 95% (if like last year).

Bring it on. Three months to go. :D

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
RCS already knows who intends to race their race. Thus, I think they'll design a route which should provide thrill and suspense till the last kilometers.
I just wonder if they'll conclude GC battle with a climb, or it will be like last year in a tt.
I'd give the last word to climbers. Should be more entertaining that way... Contador, Rodriguez, Nibali etc. attacking, Wiggo defending.

serfla said:
RCS already knows who intends to race their race. Thus, I think they'll design a route which should provide thrill and suspense till the last kilometers.
I just wonder if they'll conclude GC battle with a climb, or it will be like last year in a tt.
I'd give the last word to climbers. Should be more entertaining that way... Contador, Rodriguez, Nibali etc. attacking, Wiggo defending.

yes, logical conclusion. Mid race TT more likely.

cineteq said:
Who's Piti?
080705ispa-417.jpg

Piti is the name of his dog and its the name he used with Fuentes that was discovered in Op. Puerto.

So at face value its a bit of an insult, but in reality even his fans on here call him piti simply because its a lot shorter than writing Valverde or Balaverde or El Imbatido etc.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
seems like paris-nice will be pretty poor in stars...
valverde won't ride it,choosing a very light start of the season to peak in tour-vuelta-worlds.

quintana-JTL rematch?

What?:eek:...do you have a source,or even his shcedule?;)

The Hitch said:
Piti is the name of his dog and its the name he used with Fuentes that was discovered in Op. Puerto.

So at face value its a bit of an insult, but in reality even his fans on here call him piti simply because its a lot shorter than writing Valverde or Balaverde or El Imbatido etc.
So it's indeed a derogatory term. Still doesn't justify anybody calling him like that, especially an forum Admin. It's uncanny the lack of judgement this mod displays, time after time. I guess I'll add this to the long list. :eek:

TRENDING THREADS