• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Which one is the best race: Tirreno-Adriatico or Paris Nice?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which one is the best race?

• Paris-Nice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
those names are much more blunt and direct to the subject then piti also piti has been used by valverde fans for years on this forum now with no relation to puerto, cineteq just complained about it because i said it and he doesn't lose a chance to have a go at trolling me ever since he got banned for trolling a couple months ago.

many posters on this very thread have said the same thing. the difference seems very obvious to me.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
If people don't know about Operacion Puerto then the won't get the nick name anyway. Those are different. Plus "Clenbutador" is 'forced' and annoying.

Parrulo said:
every knows piti has become a short warm loving way to call valderde and it longer means what it meant after puerto.
Really? How come I don't see any friends calling him like that. If you want to justify it that way be my guest, I think it's pure BS on your part. In the end, if the other admins allow you and other members to do that, it's nothing I can do. IMO the name Piti is pure disrespect to Alejandro.

Parrulo said:
cineteq is just trying to troll me again. . . . but i will let another admin with better judgement then mine make that decision.
Who, a friend? Btw, how can I troll you again, if I never trolled you? If anything, I've called you out many times, let's be clear there.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
those names are much more blunt and direct to the subject then piti also piti has been used by valverde fans for years on this forum now with no relation to puerto, cineteq just complained about it because i said it and he doesn't lose a chance to have a go at trolling me ever since he got banned for trolling a couple months ago.

many posters on this very thread have said the same thing. the difference seems very obvious to me.

I doubt Valverde would appreciate being called piti, do you? Or would he see the "warm, loving" side of it?

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Afrank said:
Is he reading this forum?

I don't know, is he?

You're being facetious. Do you reckon any of Valverde's friends call him piti as a pet name? Or do you think he'd take it as well as Basso takes being called Birrilo?

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Eshnar said:
TA to be announced next thursday. Dunno about PN

yeah, about that^^...

Michele Acquarone ‏@micacquarone
@ammattipyoraily @TirrenAdriatico Sorry, we have to postpone the course presentation... the 17th seems to be a busy day! ;)

I posted somewhere before when the TA route was going to be announce so now it was my duty to let you guys know the TA route presentation has been postpone - new date? idk, Acquarone might tweet about it later on :)

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I generally prefer Tirreno so I might be a bit bias, but this year Tirreno should be super given the names of big riders that are going to participate. I already know which one I'm going to watch, I hope the route is going to be worthy. My guess is time trial the last day same as last year, basically I'm expecting a very similar route as last year.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
A ttt at the beginning, a tt at the end, a "real mountain stage with a steep ascent of 12 km", two for sprinters, two for classics' hunters. That's formula of this year's TA.
I hoped for a tt in the middle and conclusion with "real mountain stage".
Good to see organizers aware of (and thrilled with) the field announced for their race and fans' expectations.
Promises a good race.

TRENDING THREADS