• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Which one is the best race: Tirreno-Adriatico or Paris Nice?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which one is the best race?

• Paris-Nice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
roundabout said:
Sanchez will go on the attack on Saturday's stage and gain 5 minutes. :eek:

And the Pope will win time-trial by 3 minutes.. If that happens, I will register two sock puppets just to vote for P-N, and neutralize my earlier vote :D

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Fetisoff said:
OK, voting Tirreno. "Queen" stage of P-N was disappointing

The queen stage sucked, looks like P-N will ounce again be decided in the time trial. Hoping for an actual climbing battle in Tirreno.

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
any Belgian semi-classic is better than these 2 training races, bring on Nokere-Koerse & Gent-Wevelgem

3723998112_b5f0657f57_z.jpg

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well, if we look at posts/thread for every stage (before last stage of TA), we have 357 post/day for PN and 289 for TA.
So clearly, PN had more attention from us.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Normally, I prefer PN. But this year, TA, had more interesting finishes.

I have a question concerning which one is the best preparation for MSR. They usually say it's TA, mainly because of its timing, it ends just 3 days before MSR. But what i don't understand, if that's the case, why would the MSR contenders pull out of the race on sunday., which is the same day when PN ends. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I thought last year's PN the lesser and this year TA is slightly under its "twin." Today's ITT may change that. Terrific final. Wiggins and Weasta as well in PN.

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Both have been pretty poor this year (although to be fair to T-A, the removal of Passo Lanciano pretty much ruined it's queen stage), so I'll choose P-N based in history and prestige. Have to concede that T-A has been a bit better race this year (again) though.

greenedge said:
For some reason i did not like T-A as much this year, though i did not follow it as much.

It was better last year but i liked P-N because of Vac and the fact the GC battle was close and representative of the TDF route.

i know it's down to a personal opinion, but i would say that the GC battle in TA was much better then in PN where you pretty much knew who was going to win after stage 1 and only had 1 meaningful stage GC wise after that.

in TA we had the strongest rider fighting back all the way down to te last stage

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Usually Tirreno, but they were both a bit crap this year, though they had worthy winners. Steephill finishes >> MTFs for one week races.

TRENDING THREADS