• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Which one of you jokers was at the U.S. Nats?

Is that you TFF?

rr_me_and_ant1_medium.jpg

http://www.podiumcafe.com/2010/9/20/1699337/10-things-i-learned-at-the-us-natl#comments

I might need one of those jerseys...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
antoine said:
i don't do much posting here, but i lurk with the best of them.
nice antoine, nice facial hair too.

Where did you get the jersey, you might like to start selling 'em, and start posting with a similar caustic tenor

A

Anonymous

Barrus said:
I don't think so, TFF isn't that old, right? He just started law school, so I thought of him being about 24 or something

Naw, I think Law School is, like, his 4th career or something.

antoine said:
my friends and i had them made a couple years ago. we thought about selling them, but it seemed like too much trouble.
Nah, Mr. Dopestrong has his hands full at the moment.
Make some cash off his crimes, and donate the profits to a real cancer charity, sender "doperstrong.org".

May 20, 2010
Visit site
There was a guy who received as a gift a Lambstrong tshirt and posted about it on his blog. Within a few days he had the interns at LS threatening him with legal action. It was pretty funny.

You can do this as its satire though. Not sure if you can sell them though.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
You really have to produce and sell them, Antoine; let all of us speak our minds and stick it to the yellow-wristed, head-in-chamios brigade. Sell them by email, starting with the likes of us forum-ites and then by word of mouth. Let LiveStrong file cease and desist letters - they have too much to worry about.

Long live free speech!

Long live the free market!

Long live the message T-shirt!

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
You can absolutely produce and sell the jerseys. Parody is protected speech

Copyright law Section 107 provides that "the fair use of a copyrighted work . . . for purposes such as criticism [or] comment . . . is not an infringement . . . ,''

Expect Public Strategies to try to pressure you to with a cease and desist but they will fail with that just as they have failed here in the forum with their interns

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Don't "sell them" simply "have them made to give to all your friends" who will then make sure that you are compensated for the cost of production and for your time. Oh and see if you can get them made by Hincapie Sports Wear.

u wanna take orders Antoine?

take paypal?

gimme one in medium please.

come on folks, line up, and put your order in.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
You can absolutely produce and sell the jerseys. Parody is protected speech

Copyright law Section 107 provides that "the fair use of a copyrighted work . . . for purposes such as criticism [or] comment . . . is not an infringement . . . ,''

Expect Public Strategies to try to pressure you to with a cease and desist but they will fail with that just as they have failed here in the forum with their interns

I don't think you can seel them at a profit, as it would then no longer be part of the fair use doctrine, at least I would presume this to be the case, as it is no longer fair use for criticism or comment or the like, but for monetary gain

And about TFF, fourth career, really? Would never have expected that

A

Anonymous

Not me, nice jersey though! I want one. I thought about going, but I decided to go see the Panthers play instead...dumb mistake that...

Anyway, I am 42 and law will be my 4th career (if you can count being a line cook/waiter and traveling around the world during my 20's a career).

That guy is not far off though, I just have more tattoos, a goatee, and a completely bald head, but other than that, its almost like I am looking at a picture of myself... That full beard thing is for hippies though.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Anyway, I am 42 and law will be my 4th career (if you can count being a line cook/waiter and traveling around the world during my 20's a career).

My god and than still going to law school, I would be horrified to write another thesis at age 46. BTw, which law school are you going to? (and is there a position open in the field of international criminal law?:p:eek:)

And I need to agree with Hugh Januss his idea, I would take three probably (One for one of my good friends who is a fan of Armstrong, another for a friend who hates Armstrong:p)

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Oh and see if you can get them made by Hincapie Sports Wear.

That's not funny, that's REALLY funny!! My co-workers peeped over the cube wall to find out why I was laughing so loudly! :D:D

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
antoine said:
i don't do much posting here, but i lurk with the best of them.

Do you ride (or did you previously) with the Thursday bunch that left from the Decatur CVS parking lot? I remember that jersey!

TRENDING THREADS