• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Which rider will be missed the most in this year's TDF

Who will you miss the most in this year's TDF

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Many big names are absent from the Tour this year for varying reasons. Who will you miss the most?

Meaning riders who have attended the Tour in the past - you can't miss them if they've never ridden the Tour :p

My bad, forgot about Samu

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Primarely Wiggins since he is last years winner and cos I want to see him against some real competition. Also Spartacus (with a free role) and Sanchez come to mind.

One can think that Nibali or Cancellara could contribute more to the race, but I'll definetely miss Wiggins. It's always a big shame and a big loss not to see the last year's winner on the start.

Btw. I feel Sorensen doesn't fit this poll. He is nowhere near as big name as others included and there are some riders missed in the poll who fit "big name" definition more, with all respect for Sorensen.

Jul 21, 2010
www.cyclingquotes.com
Nibali, due to the fact that with the form he displayed in the Giro (if he of course didn't ride the Giro, but the Tour instead) he would probably have been able to challenge Contador and Froome big time.

Hushovd, since I still think he has it in him for a final season of good results. He's just been unlucky so far.

CAS, Rasmussen (Garmin) and Mørkøv since I am Danish, and always prefer a bit of nationalism in the sport I watch (and because I don't really like Fuglsang, and I think he is going to blow big time; probably for the last time too). Secondly I think that they could each replace weaker riders on their respective teams.

Betancur, because he is quickly becoming one of my favourite riders to watch, and he would surely, in one way or the other, animate at least a number of stages.

Finally Santambrogio, because his fat face screams out to the world that something just isn't right (both figuratively and literally speaking...!)

Would have liked to see more Colombian flair: Henao, Uran and Bentancur (yea, I got the reason why they ain't here).

Samu maybe, although I think hes is getting less relevant.

On the sprinter side, perhaps somebody like Van Hummel to throw a curve ball into the mix.

Edit: and Nibali of course. The key player missing from the top.

Alexandre+Vinokourov+Le+Tour+de+France+2012+BcycEtHiMG-l.jpg

well at least he will be there in the car

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Why the **** is Boonen in the poll?

Last time he really did something was in 2007 :rolleyes:

Obviously Nibali. Although i loved CAS in the tour :D You know it's the tour when we see CAS on the front pulling ;)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't like him but Cancellara, because the tradition of his potential victory on the prologue and the speculation of the number of days he'll ride on yellow, this being the 100th edition of Le Tour was a pity they removed the prologue.

Nibs and Samu. I had no idea Sanchez isn't riding. What's that about? Oh well, I'm sure Anton and Nieve will liven up some mountain stages.

Spartacus will be missed in the TTs, and you've got to assume that his absence is indicative of Schleck's chances.