• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Which rider will be missed the most in this year's TDF

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will you miss the most in this year's TDF

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
In terms of GC riders, nibali for me as he could easily derail froome with the help of contador on one of the two mountain stages that end after a descent. For Schleck it'd be cancellara, Contador would be anker-sorensen and Cuddles would be Hushovd

LouieLouie said:
I will miss EBH, who, unfortunately, has had his brain replaced with that of a skyborg.

+111111111111111111111111111111

It was interesting to see Brailsford and Edvald at the press conference today when Paul Kimmage asked: "What happened to Edvald's talent?" They didn't look very comfortable...

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
kanari said:
+111111111111111111111111111111

It was interesting to see Brailsford and Edvald at the press conference today when Paul Kimmage asked: "What happened to Edvald's talent?" They didn't look very comfortable...

Good point Kimmage. Honestly I don't know why Sky haven't tried to develop EBH into a GC rider. He's clearly shown more talent than Froome has imo.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Pity we can't vote for more than one as there are so many good riders not riding the Tour, making way for the domestiques who won't take the leaders limelight. I always thought TdF was supposed to showcase the best of road racing, but it is now a procession of 180 domestique heavies protecting one rider who may race for a couple of kms once or twice in tour. Its tragic that the riders of the class Pinottof Cancellera, Boonen, Hushovd are not there for that reason. They will be missed for the flashes of brillance and all round riding skill.

As others have already said, EBH is there but only to drag a Brit around again. Vinos attacks will be missed but at least he went out in style last year but he could not really top his olympic result so I won't miss him as such

While I like to see Nibali ride, I will not miss him in the tour. He had a great win in the Giro, and it would detract from the memories of that race if he had entered the tour and failed to win. I think it is right that he stays at home, puts his feet up in front of the TV 'basking' in the success of his Giro win. As for Wiggins - good ridance.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Fabian....but he is busy testing his new TT bike

Screenshot_2013-06-28-23-28-17_20130628234401873.jpg

* Nibali and Wiggins for GC competition (if Wiggins/Froome would be in different teams)
* Vino to live up the stages
* While their sprinter qualities have been going down, Boonen and Hushovd seem to be just important parts of the race
* One name not mentioned in the poll I need to mention: David Moncoutie.

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Only Wiggo and Nibali really.

Sanchez and the Columbian 3 wouldve been good but theyll make the Vuelta decent.

Sprinters are a bit sparse this year, so maybe Viviani too.

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Abdoujaparov

Any man who's sprinting technique has been described as "homicidal" clearly has a way of animating a finish.

Theunisse

A total freak-show.

Fignon

Kudos for the glasses and pony-tail, even if they did cost his a tour. May he R.I.P.

Feeling a bit nostalgic lately.

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Finn84 said:
* Nibali and Wiggins for GC competition (if Wiggins/Froome would be in different teams)
* Vino to live up the stages
* While their sprinter qualities have been going down, Boonen and Hushovd seem to be just important parts of the race
* One name not mentioned in the poll I need to mention: David Moncoutie.

It's strange to see the back of the peloton without seeing Moncoutié.