• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Which riders will drop out of the Vuelta to prepare for the World's?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone knows how many stages of the Vuelta guys like Cancellera, Boonen, et al. plan on racing. I haven't read anything on this topic. Will Boonen go for the Green Jersey? Will Fabian stick around to race the final time trial as prep for the world championships? Who else may drop out before the Vuelta ends?

A

Anonymous

i would be surprised if boonen even bothers travelling to spain on wednesday

May 5, 2009
Visit site
I would expect Ballan to leave, too...

42x16ss said:
Evans has suggested he might drop out for the world's

Do you remember where you read this?... I'd like to read the article... I thought he wanted to do a good showing in the Vuelta to make up for the Tour... If you find the page will you post a link? Thanks! : )

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
manolo said:
I would expect Ballan to leave, too...

Do you remember where you read this?... I'd like to read the article... I thought he wanted to do a good showing in the Vuelta to make up for the Tour... If you find the page will you post a link? Thanks! : )
Cyclingnews 26th August 2009

Cadel Evans: “The course of the world championship suits me well if I’m in a good condition. It might not be good for the worlds if I spend too much energy during the last week of the Vuelta. I’ll see how it goes at the end of the second week to decide about my ambitions in that race.”

TRENDING THREADS