• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Which TDF Stage will Contador Launch a Long-range Attack?

Which TDF Stage will Contador Launch a Long-range Attack?

• Vino Option: All the above plus Stage 21!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Stage 2
profile-02.jpg

Stage 5
profile-05.jpg

Stage 8
profile-08.jpg

Stage 10
profile-10.jpg

Miburo said:
That stage 2 is gonna be hectic as **** :eek:

Yep, it certainly has lots of potential. My only worry is that it is too early in the race for people to try really risky attacks and we may see everyone watching each other.

Would have made an fantastic penultimate stage (obviously not practical)!!! :D

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
BeagRigh said:
Yep, it certainly has lots of potential. My only worry is that it is too early in the race for people to try really risky attacks and we may see everyone watching each other.

Would have made an fantastic penultimate stage (obviously not practical)!!! :D

I'm not talking about risky attacks, lots of riders will crash during that stage i'm afraid.

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Which one of the stages 8 & 10 has the most technical descent in the last mountains?

Col Des Chevreses seems doable for a long range attack.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Got to be Vino option hasn't it?

Contador is hungry for this and back to his good old form and ways. Attacking at every opportunity.

Allez Allez Contador !!

Miburo said:
That stage 2 is gonna be hectic as **** :eek:

I checked out the last 25 km or so last week, and yeah, it could be carnage. Mostly undulating roads that don't look much, but they'll be pretty hairy at full gas - plenty of sharp turns, streams overflowing onto the roads, stone walls lining small lanes, ditches off to the sides, and so on.

(Cote de) Bradfield is 10 km from my house, and there's a short fast and narrow descent into the village of Bradfield then a sharp turn up a 900m climb at 9%. Perfect opportunity for an attack, really.

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Voted the Vino option.
But being realistic, I think he'll attack on stage 17. He might attack on stage 11, which I think he'd have the best chance as it doesn't finish on an MTF but it may be too early in the Tour to go on a long range attack. But then again it's Contador so who knows when he'll attack.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Vino's Mum said:
Giant-Shimano came to have a look recently, and Koen de Kort said he felt like getting off at this (over 30%) section with the railing:

Jenkin-Road-Sheffield.png

See how the ground floor of the house with the white car is higher than the second floor of the house below. : )

Yeh its just insane. Hopefully will be stood on those railings :)

Thought Sagan at first but now that Purito is confirmed would think he will do well here.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Good poll. Was thinking the same thing after watching yesterday' stage. It appears there are several opportunities in the last 10 days where Saxo and Movistar could isolate Froome and Contador/Valverde could attack.

Going to be an interesting Tour

Contador's attack is more likely after 2-3 mountain stages if he looses some time there. The best places to try to kill Froome and Sky is Peyresourde or even Portillon (stage 17). Izoard (stage 14) is also possible for some epic attacks. Contador can even try a high-risk attack on the Tourmalet (stage 18).

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Good poll. Was thinking the same thing after watching yesterday' stage. It appears there are several opportunities in the last 10 days where Saxo and Movistar could isolate Froome and Contador/Valverde could attack.

Going to be an interesting Tour

Valverde won't do that and i highly doubt those teams will work together.

Nibali should be Contador's ally.

TRENDING THREADS