• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Which team will get the most wins in 2022?

Which team will get the most victories in 2022?

• Jumbo (42)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • QuickStep (42)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UAE (42)

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Ineos (37)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Astana (4)

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
For the first time in what feels like a thousand years, QuickStep haven't gotten an unattainable lead in March to just sail home and take this prize, and right now there is a three-way tie between Ineos, UAE and QuickStep who all have won 42 races so far this year. Ineos stand at 37, and then Bora are at 29 so it's only between the four top teams.

But who will eke it out in the end?

one of the reasons QS isn't winning like other reason is that they haven't dominated the Belgian continental circuit like they do usually. Have they even won a single race there?

I still think QS will win it cause Jakobsen will win a few of them the upcoming weeks maybe.

EDIT: Elfstedenronde and Kuurne (well honestly that's not a small one).

Just so everyone knows, 2 out of Astana's 4 wins are the Kazach nationals! Impressive.

Aside from the WC, we have the Italian autumn classics, the remaining Belgian and French one-dayers and a couple of small stage races left. Ineos are doing the least of the latter so are unlikely to overturn their deficit. Jumbo's main winners seem to have a relatively limited remaining calendar. That leaves UAE and QS. UAE will take more in Italy, QS in the other one-dayers, which leaves the stage races. UAE are only missing Slovenska to QS's Croatia and Langkawi which may well decide it, then again QS have more sprinters to win stages with. Going to come down to the wire, I'll say UAE win by a single victory over QS.

one of the reasons QS isn't winning like other reason is that they haven't dominated the Belgian continental circuit like they do usually. Have they even won a single race there?

I still think QS will win it cause Jakobsen will win a few of them the upcoming weeks maybe.

EDIT: Elfstedenronde and Kuurne (well honestly that's not a small one).

Just so everyone knows, 2 out of Astana's 4 wins are the Kazach nationals! Impressive.
And the Tour of Belgium (+ 2 stages), although I can understand you wanting to forget that as a Lotto/Wellens fan...

• Haha
Reactions: Samamba
With Syritsa's win yesterday, Astana edged closer and got up to 5 wins.

In the real battle, it seems like UAE will end up on first place, even with Molano's relegation in today's stage in Langkawi. They have a good chance of winning the Veneto Classic on Sunday I would say and with the team they have in Malaysia, it seems unlikely that they will not get past Jumbo. The current standing is Jumbo 48, QuickStep 47, UAE 47*. QuickStep seem to have ended their season. Jumbo have a chance of adding one win in Chrono des Nations but UAE have a much more busy calendar this week.

*The wins of Remco, Jakobsen and Foss in WC and EC are not counted here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
Inspired by this, I looked for, but could not find, the thread someone started about whether the big 4 teams would get more WT wins than all the others put together. Anyone know how that worked out, or more successful than I at tracking down that thread?

TRENDING THREADS