• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who are the 'Riders' in the documents?

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Might be a rather simplified "solution" but I think it would be rather cool if CIRC just sent out an open letter basically going:

"Listen, we know who you are, you know who you are. We'll give you a week to come clean in your own way, then it'll be game over; all names will be made public!"

RedheadDane said:
Might be a rather simplified "solution" but I think it would be rather cool if CIRC just sent out an open letter basically going:

"Listen, we know who you are, you know who you are. We'll give you a week to come clean in your own way, then it'll be game over; all names will be made public!"
Can their inbox deal with hundreds of "I'm tranquilo" replies at once?

Dunno... but in my World a person would be rather stupid for sending such a mail; if the person is clean (that's what tranquilo refers to, right?) then he couldn't need to write a mail about it.
And if he isn't... well... his name should be out soon anyway.

I guess I'm just getting somewhat fed up with the "If you come clean, and maybe give us some names, then you might get a lighter punishment." mentality. Seems pretty clear to me that people aren't gonna come clean, they've had plenty of time for that!

May 19, 2010
Visit site
RedheadDane said:
Dunno... but in my World a person would be rather stupid for sending such a mail; if the person is clean (that's what tranquilo refers to, right?) then he couldn't need to write a mail about it.
And if he isn't... well... his name should be out soon anyway.

I guess I'm just getting somewhat fed up with the "If you come clean, and maybe give us some names, then you might get a lighter punishment." mentality. Seems pretty clear to me that people aren't gonna come clean, they've had plenty of time for that!

I think tranquilo means calm or something like that.

If UCI did some retesting (do they have any samples to retest?) it could prompt some to come forward. They did close to nothing when the CERA test came, and it is still within SOL. They could help the French police with the DNA they needed to identify who had used those syringes they found in Astanas garbage in 2009, and let the riders know. There is probably lots of things they could do, or say they would do at some date in the future, that could make comming forward to CIRC the best option for enough people for it to become powerful. But they do not want ragnarok.

neineinei said:

If UCI did some retesting (do they have any samples to retest?) it could prompt some to come forward. They did close to nothing when the CERA test came, and it is still within SOL. They could help the French police with the DNA they needed to identify who had used those syringes they found in Astanas garbage in 2009, and let the riders know. There is probably lots of things they could do, or say they would do at some date in the future, that could make comming forward to CIRC the best option for enough people for it to become powerful. But they do not want ragnarok.
Of course not :rolleyes: That's why the CERA test only "caught" the most obvious trolls in the peloton - Ricco, Sella, Peipoli, Di Luca, Schumacher, Kohl...

neineinei said:

Aaah, yes! Of course! tranquilo = tranquil.
And I'm supposed to be studying English...

But Again; why would anyone feel to need to write a mail stating they're calm?
And if they do and it turns out they are indeed one of the 'riders' (or something else, not just rider names that has been redacted, is it?), then it's their loss. It'll basically be a case of:
"Oooh... you were calm? Too bad, because we have your name here."

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Don't overthink it. "Being tranquilo" is a running gag because of how often Spanish and Italian riders who got caught red-handed have uttered that response when asked about their busts.
you're joke didn't quite get through.:D

i seem to remember contador saying it repeatedly.
but contador surely wasn't the first.
would be nice to locate the first attestation of this winged expression.

del1962 said:
Has anyone got close to filling in the missing names
1 Paolo Savoldelli
2 Manuel Beltran
3 Adriano Baffi
4 Bobby Julich
5 Jose Luis Rubiera
6 Pavel Padrnos
7 Roberto Heras
8 Victor Hugo Pena
9 Matthew White
10 Jose Azevedo
11 Vyatcheslav Ekimov
12 Benjamin Noval
13 Chann McRae
14 Michael Rasmussen
15 Chris Horner
16 Yaroslav Popovych
17 Dariusz Baranowski
18 Dylan Casey
19 Steffen Kjaergaard
20 Benoit Joachim
21 Tony Cruz

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Just been reading Leiphimers affidavit. He states that in 2010 Armstrong said 'you know I am always down for it' when discussing a new drug being discussed in the peleton. Could have been Aicar they were talking about?

"Lance asked who handled the training at Rabobank I replied Other-8 (Gert Leinders), Lance then said 'what about the other stuff', I believed we both understood he was asking who handled the doping program, I replied 'same'."

Of course Leinders was only employed to treat saddle sores at Sky!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
I think JV spends half a million dollars a year looking into his riders eyes too ;)
be nice if someone looked the Clinic 12 in the collective 24 eyes and pronounced, "clean", "clean as a whistle".