• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who do you hate more?

Who do you hate more

• Mark Cavendish

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Armstrong out of Amstel Gold Race

lanternrouge said:
Grow up fool:rolleyes:

Right on. I mean, why does anyone bother talking about this jerk? Let's ignore him completely until the Tour de France, since that's the only race he cares about anyway.

Lance Dopestrong will never figure in any other race anymore because he doesn't want to get hurt and hinder his chances in the Tour de France. I mean, he may help a team mate...but that's about it...

And here Farrar already has two top-ten finished in the Classics this year already!

Machine

BANNED
Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Jamsque said:
This forum. Hate, hate, hate.

I think it's largely a simplistic American thing. There is only strong love or strong hate for riders. They see the sport as a sort of soap opera. In Europe cycling is traditionally a more working class sport and tough sport where its accepted that strong characters are part of it.

Machine

BANNED
Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
There is not one single professional cyclist that I hate. I don't get this like or dislike thing based on a few remarks. It's petty to me.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I think it is all about the symantics - it is aversion rather than hate, but the easy translation still relates to the word 'hate'

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
lance is probably a local hero at the moment for doing the right thing and dropping out of AG. now, if he would only drop the remainder of his race schedule and go back to shagging b-list celebs!:rolleyes:

on this forum, this week. lance doesn't even rate. ok, he's in there, but my guess for most despised right now is valverde.

a known doper who escapes justice and makes a mockery of the whole sport, who won a stage of a protour race with some primadonna handwaving and complaining, and then wins the next stage, quite possibly using the same tactics he complained about the day before?

or

brash, angst-ridden, possibly steroid addled, but extremely talented kid who can't control his mouth?

i'll take option a.

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
spanky wanderlust said:
lance is probably a local hero at the moment for doing the right thing and dropping out of AG. now, if he would only drop the remainder of his race schedule and go back to shagging b-list celebs!:rolleyes:

on this forum, this week. lance doesn't even rate. ok, he's in there, but my guess for most despised right now is valverde.

a known doper who escapes justice and makes a mockery of the whole sport, who won a stage of a protour race with some primadonna handwaving and complaining, and then wins the next stage, quite possibly using the same tactics he complained about the day before?

or

brash, angst-ridden, possibly steroid addled, but extremely talented kid who can't control his mouth?

i'll take option a.

ok, i hit submit and went to the next page and saw the ad "see how lance lives his life to the ultra" or some schmuckbaggery. lance is back on the list!

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
spanky wanderlust said:
ok, i hit submit and went to the next page and saw the ad "see how lance lives his life to the ultra" or some schmuckbaggery. lance is back on the list!

that's pretty funny, but try watching hockey on Versus only to see the Lance Shack commercial every ten minutes, today Cavendish is pretty high on the list because he's being an *** to a team-mate

Machine

BANNED
Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the hate-monger mob will move on to another target tomorrow.

Who shall we hate next? Who has a new girlfriend? Which performance can we question? Who shall we say needs to retire? Who is doing something "wrong"?

And so on it goes.

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I voted LA. If you try to follow cycling in the States, using mainstream media, he dominates the coverage. They buy his load, no questions asked. Never seems to get criticized for his behavior. I dislike Cav. My dislike for him has not had the chance to grow to hate, he isn't covered as much here.

Though I do think Phil and Paul have man crushes on Cav after watching the Tour coverage here. They have full fledged man love for LA.

I prefer...oh it isn't about me...:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS