• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who Had The Best Season In The Last 5 Years?

Who had the Best Season in The Last 5 Years?

• Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Season 2008-2012.

Discuss.

I wonder who will be the first to whine about thread with a poll. Some people need to chill and take a bear like Ullrich.

Anyway yeah POLL!!!!

This is hard btw. I think it's between Contador '08, Gilbert '11 and Contador '09.

I'm gonna go with Contador '08.

Edit: Can a mod change the title? Forgot to put in 'had', i don't think i can change it myself

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Between Phil 2011 and Wiggins 2012. Possibly Phil just edges it out due to his sheer quantity of wins.
They both accomplished all they were met with. Though Phil did not retain his Lombardia crown (though it was unrealistic considering the length of his season).

Winning 2 Gts in one years though takes some doing so Contador 08 also deserves a mention.

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Polls for life daaawg :D

A close one between Cancellara 2010 and Gilbert 2011.. (only the classics!)
The Ronde and Roubaix are the races i like and value the most, so that's what seals the deal here.
(Boonen's 2012 was very impressive too, still, the absence of his biggest rival makes his second double shine less brightly.)

Gilbert's season in '11 is massively overrated!
Only a single monument and no worlds.
No important stage races.
A bunch of classics, semi-classics and stages.

If one really put so much in one day races, then Boonen's season this year was better.

Voted for '08 Velasco :cool:

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Netserk said:
Gilbert's season in '11 is massively overrated!
Only a single monument and no worlds.
No important stage races.
A bunch of classics, semi-classics and stages.

If one really put so much in one day races, then Boonen's season this year was better.

Voted for '08 Velasco :cool:

It really wasn't. If Lombardia took place a week after LBL we all know who would've won that one. It's the way he won just about every single race on his terrain with such dominance.

TRENDING THREADS