• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who has seen Martijn Maaskant?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I do follow all the road cycling as closely as possible, but perhaps I do not look good enough. I have not seen Martijn Maaskant for the last year? Has he dissappeared? Does he have a major injury I'm not aware of? Or has he indeed been competing and has simply not delivered great results? Because I remember him from 2008 where he took fourth in both Paris-Roubaix en the Eroica, and he seemed to be quite promising....So where is he?:confused:

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
he's been studying his 500 page centrifuge manual trying to fix the damn thing?? no idea.. perhaps it was all luck in 2008.

I also liked him, but mainly because he looks like the hobbits from lord of the rings.

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
He did the classics, but got knocked off the bike by his own team car in one (RVV, I think. Could've been GW) and then crashed in another. Very bad luck this year.

He crashed in RVV, Scheldeprijs and Paris Roubaix. Very unlucky, especially in Roubaix, because he managed to surpass a lot of groups to finish in the main group 7 minutes behind. Without crash he would have had a good result there like in 2008, but no luck.

By the way, he was 4th in Flanders in 2009 and 4th in a TdF stage in 2009 and close to a Vuelta stage win (the stage Roy won) also. All happened last year. Might have slipped original posters memory?

TRENDING THREADS