• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who is really anti-doping??

Seeing the recent doping accusations against Ferrari clients and against Astana, and with Astana getting off made me wonder who we should trust in being true anti-doping in this sport. I think it's pretty obvious we can't trust the UCI with anything, except for messing things up, whilst they seem to be able to make cases appear out of nowhere and sometimes waiting an awful long time with starting them. The teams themselves are for a large part run by former dopers or still hiring dopers and are probably still doping their riders. The riders themselves are usually too busy with keeping up the Omerta and trying to be clean. Wada doesn't seem to be trying too hard either. SomenNational anti-doping agencies seem to be trying, like Coni, whilst other don't.

Who is really trying to clean up the sport?

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Red Rick said:
Who is really trying to clean up the sport?

no one is trying to clean up the sport.

but many people are trying to put on a PR show to pretend the sport is clean.

I believe Cookson today basically said that the UCI is fine with doping, but please, try to avoid so many positive tests.

"transparency" and "independent reports" is the new omerta.

the sceptic said:

But many people are trying to put on a pr show to pretend the sport is clean.

I believe cookson today basically said that the uci is fine with doping, but please, try to avoid so many positive tests.

:(

-----------

the sceptic said:

but many people are trying to put on a PR show to pretend the sport is clean.

I believe Cookson today basically said that the UCI is fine with doping, but please, try to avoid so many positive tests.

Exactly. You'll note the IOC has been silent on the IAAF corruption matter. The vast majority of the IOC are in Monaco at the moment agreeing with Bach. Not a word about the IAAF.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
The giant homogeneous ball...

Is that all you think about?

giant_ball_of_yarn.jpg

TRENDING THREADS