• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who is the best cyclist that has not cheated?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Zorotheslacker said:
Taking them one at a time - Does Jens check out?

(and Chris as above)

This is coming from someone who likes Jens.

Good buddy of Julich.
Rode for CSC for 6 seasons.
Started right in the middle of a very dark period in cycling.

I hope he's clean but I'd hate to bet more than a days lunch that he was.

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
therhodeo said:

Good buddy of Julich.

So far we have nobody but Horner?

Bosco10 said:
Travis Tygart

Tygart for sure.
Lemond most likely.
Edwig Van Hooydonck for sure.
My hope is Andy Hampsten was clean-ish when the maglia rosa dropped into his lapg at the Giro.

The sport is at minimum 50 years old now so I think maybe going back a bit further is necessary. If we are talking grand tour winners, maybe Bartali?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I´d also say Horner. Since he never tested positive in his 419 years of racing.
Plus, he escaped the dirty era clean, that´s why he never did a T-20 in GTs prior age 38.

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
I´d also say Horner. Since he never tested positive in his 419 years of racing.
Plus, he escaped the dirty era clean, that´s why he never did a T-20 in GTs prior age 38.
That could be a real good explination. If he was the only clean guy then, and all of them are now - we see the lack of PEDs in others being more significant than 6-7 years in Chris.

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
therhodeo said:

Good buddy of Julich.

Jens buries his dope at Gan by the roadside

A serious answer? Edwig van Hooydonck. Won the Tour of Flanders at an age of only 22! Wasn't able to catch up anymore in the nineties when Epo arrived in the peloton. At that time, he openly criticized Museeuw and Gewiss in an era of big Omerta. What a talent he was...A sort of Peter Sagan avant la lettre. If there's one cyclist I believe to be clean (apart from Bassons), it's him for sure.

Zorotheslacker said:
That could be a real good explination. If he was the only clean guy then, and all of them are now - we see the lack of PEDs in others being more significant than 6-7 years in Chris.

To the bolded, haha... Right. Cleanest peloton ever. Do you realize the pro sport has been trying to sell that for at least a decade?

TRENDING THREADS