• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who is the heaviest (current) pro cyclist ?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
auscyclefan94 said:
Napolitano has always been quite heavy.

He's lost a lot of weight since his Lampre days though ;)

fat+lampre+guy.bmp

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Bernie's eyesore said:
Magnus Bäckstedt is 94kg I think although not sure if he is still riding this year.

backsedt was 97 kg. pieri was even heavier, in februaru soemtimes 100 kg

heaviest current cyclist is guillermo brunetta who is 2.04 and 97 kg

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Panda Claws said:
Looks funny though. :D

Also because he said he weighs 74 kg at the moment, and his ideal race weight should be somewhere around 69 kg according to Wikipedia.

that is rather normal for a cyclist to gain 5 or more kg extra in winter, some like tuft I heard go up even 10 kg

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
iZnoGouD said:
If Phinney weighs 85kg he probably pushes close to 500watts for an hour :eek:

I dont think Phinney is 85kg. Based on my own height/weight I would say he is about 80kg. I'm 195cm and 87kg and even last year when I was 83kg he looked leaner and thinner than me.

As per his FTP. I would be be guessing 420-450W max but closer to the 420W area. If I was pushing 500W I would be winning all local Cat 1 races and dropping 120lb guys on every climb.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Jancouver said:
I dont think Phinney is 85kg. Based on my own height/weight I would say he is about 80kg. I'm 195cm and 87kg and even last year when I was 83kg he looked leaner and thinner than me.

As per his FTP. I would be be guessing 420-450W max but closer to the 420W area. If I was pushing 500W I would be winning all local Cat 1 races and dropping 120lb guys on every climb.

phinney is 85 kg, he said so himself and of course he looks leane,r he has a lot more muslce(legs) than you probably, which means also more weight

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Jancouver said:

Tony Martin pushes betwen 450-500 for an hour i don't know how much lighter he is

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
That's not fat, that's abdominal breathing. For someone with a database of cyclists you should pay more attention to the actual human physique ;)

You can find pictures of Armstrong with the yellow jersey in the Tour, sporting such a pot belly.

I know, I'm just trying to mock this picture ;)

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
iZnoGouD said:
Tony Martin pushes betwen 450-500 for an hour i don't know how much lighter he is

Do you have his SRM file on hand? At 500W and 75kg he would be at 6.6 watts per kilo and therefore dropping Contador on every climb and easily winning Tour climbs.

Ryo Hazuki said:
phinney himself said he's 85 kg, I doubt he's lieing about that

I believe it, in off season, why not. At 6'5" I gain 10lb and you cant even tell. Last summer I was 182lb and I knew I can lose 5lb more. At 177lb I would be 80kg and I think thats where Phinney will be this year.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Jancouver said:
Do you have his SRM file on hand? At 500W and 75kg he would be at 6.6 watts per kilo and therefore dropping Contador on every climb and easily winning Tour climbs.

I believe it, in off season, why not. At 6'5" I gain 10lb and you cant even tell. Last summer I was 182lb and I knew I can lose 5lb more. At 177lb I would be 80kg and I think thats where Phinney will be this year.

yeah whatever. you seem to know it all but don;t even understand basics how watt per kg weight works in a climb. if phinney was 50 kg those 6.6 watt per kg weight would make him a terrific climber, ever heard of gravity :rolleyes: and phinney is 85 kg and his top weight is supposedly 83 kg. his own words

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
yeah whatever. you seem to know it all but don;t even understand basics how watt per kg weight works in a climb. if phinney was 50 kg those 6.6 watt per kg weight would make him a terrific climber, ever heard of gravity :rolleyes: and phinney is 85 kg and his top weight is supposedly 83 kg. his own words

I can tell that you are a cycling fan and not a (competitive) cyclist otherwise you would understand that cycling is not about gravity but about watts per kilo of weight.

Very simple, two cyclist pushing same watts per kg will be traveling at the very same speed. One can be 50kg pushing 300W and the other 80kg pushing 480W and they will be going at the same speed both pushing 6W/Kg. No matter how steep the climb is. Gravity makes no difference!

If we are talking TT, aerodynamics will make a difference but lets not even get there.

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Jancouver said:

yeah i read that in an interview but it's very hard to believe, cuz even 450 watts if he is 75 kg is 6w/kg, he may push that, he can climb a bit, just look at vierbier 2009 but more than that impossibru lol

TRENDING THREADS