• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who is the most dangerous rider in the peloton?

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Theo Bos. Duh.

Ha. I really don't think he did it on purpose. He made 2 bad decisions (moving up in a bad place... and taking a hand off the bars in the last kilometer of the race to put it on the race leader's back). He should be held accountable, but he is by no means a terrible person.

I've read that Graeme Brown is a bit wild in the sprints.

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Theo Bos. Duh.

agreed... I'm not sure about most dangerous, but you do get the guys who always seem to crash a lot compared to others. Frank Schleck always seems to have good ones.

And obviously the sprinters - you've got to be a bit crazy just to even attempt to sprint at that speed at the front of a huge peloton.

Oh, and did anyone notice Dave Zabriskie on the descent of one of the climbs on a stage near the end of the tour? He was riding like a madman.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Graham Brown has some enemies because of his rather dangerous sprinting style. I would have been scared to be on the pointy end of a race against Abdoujaparov with his bike and arms going everywhere.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
53 x 11 said:
can also see riders fighting to get off their wheels.

:D

Although I have seen Rasmussen descend very well but people just seem to remember the ITT from hell. That's what malnourishment can do to you.

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
quarterpounder said:
Who is the most dangerous rider in the peloton?

Dangerous in what way?
Willfully wanting to displace, tarnish, and demote the best rider in the race, who also happens to be your teammate???

Well, that's easy!!
It's LANCE of course!!!!
He doesn't seem to wait for sprints to take you out, he slowly undermines you afterhours in the team bus and around the team dinner table.
Now THAT's dangerous!!!

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
53 x 11 said:
Damn it. Lance has made his way in here as well. Get him out, we're not speaking at the moment.:p

You know how LA loves the spot light!
" OK Lance, you can go home now...."

Seriously , that BOS guy is one twisted mo'fo'....he got off lightly, and he is my choice for " THE MOST DANGEROUS RIDER IN THE PELOTON".
Don't be making any Dutch jokes while riding alongside this hot-head!!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Moncoutié if you're unlucky to be descending on his wheel
Frank Schleck also qualifies

Graeme Brown if you dare to overtake him in a sprint. Prepare to get to know the pavement very intimately.

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
anubisza said:
Lance would kill you soon as look at you. Apparently his stare melts carbon.

...and don't talk about his doctors, he'll really chase you down.

SH*T , I fell for this again! How did Lance get in here again???

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Mont Ventoux said:
...and don't talk about his doctors, he'll really chase you down.

SH*T , I fell for this again! How did Lance get in here again???

Me too :( We can't escape him. I must secretly love him. AHHHHH!!!

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Most Dangerous

Without question the most dangerous rider in the peleton is Sr. Astarlosa, assuming his B sample tests positive as well. Astar and the riders like him who refuse to believe that the days of "better riding through chemistry" are over continue to destroy not only biking but all professional sport as well. Fortunately, Lance's presence at the Tour, like everywhere else he has appeared this year, created such a positive public relations buffer that the mainstream press has given us a bit of grace concerning Astarloza's idiocy. Admit it, whether we like Lance or not, the world at large loves him (or at least is captivated by him), and he sells cycling just by being in the game. Maybe that larger-than-life personality and the "cult of personality" it inspires is dangerous, even too dangerous, but we humans love large personalities. Come on, we start with Odysseus, Nimrod, Beowulf, and Arthur and have kept right on going to MJ (not Michael Jackson!), Tiger, and...Lance! :D

Hammerhed said:
Fortunately, Lance's presence at the Tour, like everywhere else he has appeared this year, created such a positive public relations buffer that the mainstream press has given us a bit of grace concerning Astarloza's idiocy. Admit it, whether we like Lance or not, the world at large loves him (or at least is captivated by him), and he sells cycling just by being in the game. Maybe that larger-than-life personality and the "cult of personality" it inspires is dangerous, even too dangerous, but we humans love large personalities. Come on, we start with Odysseus, Nimrod, Beowulf, and Arthur and have kept right on going to MJ (not Michael Jackson!), Tiger, and...Lance! :D

IMHO USA loves him... but Europe ?! hmmmmmmm that's the question !?!
thinking-006.GIF

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I thought Cavendish looked pretty dangerous when he was head butting another rider to get him off of Renshaw's wheel in the lead up to the sprint.

TRENDING THREADS