• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who is the most passionate Lance "hater?"

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who is the most passionate Lance "hater?"

• Someone else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
kellygirl said:
TFF gets my vote. In fact, I need to read his anti-Lance verbiage as often as possible. I think it acts as some sort of vaccine for me. I hate Lance; his return has almost ruined the sport for me. But TFF is my source of catharsis, keeps me sane and let's me know I am not alone. Bless you TFF! :p

I cannot think of a reason that LA coming back could "ruin" the sport of cycling for any rider or racing enthusiast? Did they stop racing anywhere just because of his return to the sport? Have there been cuts in television and sporting newspapers reporting on cycling events? Did the equipment suddenly get less reliable, depriving the the enjoyment of a morning or afternoon ride due the the "return"?

Just wondering?

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Poll: Who is the most passionate Lance "hater?"

How old are you ?, you sound like one of those p1ss ants in the playground, who, if you got them on there own would p1ss their pants, grow up.

CentralCaliBike said:
I cannot think of a reason that LA coming back could "ruin" the sport of cycling for any rider or racing enthusiast? Did they stop racing anywhere just because of his return to the sport? Have there been cuts in television and sporting newspapers reporting on cycling events? Did the equipment suddenly get less reliable, depriving the the enjoyment of a morning or afternoon ride due the the "return"?

Just wondering?

The sport was moving in the right direction before Armstrong came back. Now it is full speed back to 90s and its see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil attitude toward doping. Coincidence?

The racing in the Tour was also more chaotic and a lot more interesting without Armstrong and his boring approach to racing. He comes back and what do we get? The most boring Tour in memory. Also coincidence?

The U.S. television coverage has become almost unwatchable. It is certainly unlistenable (is that a word?). I bet I listened to less than two hours total of Versus coverage during the Tour.

Armstrong is a cancer on the sport of cycling. He represents everything that is wrong with it, from doping to the downgrading of races other than the Tour to the corporate packaging and selling of an antiseptic and ridiculously commercialized picture of cycling and its gear. In the Armstrongification of the sport, could there ever be a snow covered stage over the Gavia?

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
The sport was moving in the right direction before Armstrong came back. Now it is full speed back to 90s and its see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil attitude toward doping. Coincidence?

I assume you are making a comment on doping here - I seem to remember Ricco, (young talented rider who climbed well), Vinokourop (European cycling machine), Rasmussen (Mountain biker turned road conquistador), and of course there is Contador (never been tested positive but I hear a lot of people talking on this board). Seems that the attitude towards doping in the Peloton is what it is.

BroDeal said:
The racing in the Tour was also more chaotic and a lot more interesting without Armstrong and his boring approach to racing. He comes back and what do we get? The most boring Tour in memory. Also coincidence?

You seemed to have missed the boards here - lots of talking about unfair tactics (I thought I remembered you in the mix) during the TdF. How can you say that the Columbia break did not cause talk spark conversation - or the opening prologue, the attack and whether it was a team tactic or a solo intent in anticipation of the tactics of an "evil" manager on Verbier - a great duel between two teammates from two teams.

BroDeal said:
The U.S. television coverage has become almost unwatchable. It is certainly unlistenable (is that a word?). I bet I listened to less than two hours total of Versus coverage during the Tour.

I found a volume button on my television - if I want to watch a sport but do not like the announcer it works well - besides, either you do not respect the announcers (they have not changed) or you simply disagree with their commentary about LA.

BroDeal said:
Armstrong is a cancer on the sport of cycling. He represents everything that is wrong with it, from doping to the downgrading of races other than the Tour to the corporate packaging and selling of an antiseptic and ridiculously commercialized picture of cycling and its gear. In the Armstrongification of the sport, could there ever be a snow covered stage over the Gavia?

For some reason I thought I read that his participation in a couple of races over the past year resulted in more interest, money, and actually allowed them to continue when they might not have given the state of the economy. I certainly did not hear about any race that sent out a press release stating that they could no longer function with the return of LA to the peloton.

Commercialization seems to be why we can afford to view sports - after all someone has to pay.

As for the doping claim - I think what gets to most who disregard LA is that he has not been "officially convicted".

Love him or hate him - cycling for sport and pleasure is not really effected by Lance's return.

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I think TFF is the winner from everything I’ve seen (been a lurker from day one). A bit over the top sometimes maybe (the seat-post without lube comment comes to mind), but also very capable of rational thought. The funny thing is that he is, I believe, an American. That should be "food for thought" for those who equate "Lance hating" with "anti American"

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
The return of LA is both good and bad.

Both of you make good points but for it to be discussed properly it should go to the Clinic.

I know neither of you guys started this discussion on the D word - but unfortunatley there are a number of threads now that have degenerated in to the same arguments which is a shame.

This was a fun - and silly - thread, where we can all poke a little fun at each other and have a laugh.

LA is a polarising figure - and of course the d word shadows the sport - but I think we can discuss a lot of issues without having to bring either subject.

A

Anonymous

Deagol said:
I think TFF is the winner from everything I’ve seen (been a lurker from day one). A bit over the top sometimes maybe (the seat-post without lube comment comes to mind), but also very capable of rational thought. The funny thing is that he is, I believe, an American. That should be "food for thought" for those who equate "Lance hating" with "anti American"

I really do hate baseball...

I am American indeed. Southern actually. Its amazing that I am not married to my cousin, and have all my teeth too! Dang.

A

Anonymous

CentralCaliBike said:
I am guessing New Orleans of French ancestry :D

Nope, rural North Carolina of Dutch/English origin, but I understand the confusion.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Nope, rural North Carolina of Dutch/English origin, but I understand the confusion.

So in addition to cycling you find yourself watching baseball with flat bats and wondering when the pond will freeze over so you can shake out your skates:D

A

Anonymous

CentralCaliBike said:
So in addition to cycling you find yourself watching baseball with flat bats and wondering when the pond will freeze over so you can shake out your skates:D

No, you are presented with a choice in NC at birth: Carolina, Duke, NC State, or Wake. While there is only one real choice in them, some people aren't brought up right, and choose one of the last 3. And the only sport that really matters is basketball. It is a religion and that is not hyperbole. Funny thing is that I love cold weather and hate the heat. I'd love to see a pond actually freeze, but the closest I ever get is a puddle or two in winter having a thin sheet of ice covering it in the morning.

I really want to move to Alaska.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
No, you are presented with a choice in NC at birth: Carolina, Duke, NC State, or Wake. While there is only one real choice in them, some people aren't brought up right, and choose one of the last 3. And the only sport that really matters is basketball. It is a religion and that is not hyperbole. Funny thing is that I love cold weather and hate the heat. I'd love to see a pond actually freeze, but the closest I ever get is a puddle or two in winter having a thin sheet of ice covering it in the morning.

I really want to move to Alaska.

Basketball - my other sport. Although as an UofA (Arizona) fan I am sure no one in North Carolina would recognize me as such.

Tried to get a friend of mine who used to race to bring his bike down from Alaska for the Kaiser or Death Ride - he told me it was too cold to train. Of course a serious rider could deal with the elements.

A

Anonymous

CentralCaliBike said:
Basketball - my other sport. Although as an UofA (Arizona) fan I am sure no one in North Carolina would recognize me as such.

Tried to get a friend of mine who used to race to bring his bike down from Alaska for the Kaiser or Death Ride - he told me it was too cold to train. Of course a serious rider could deal with the elements.

UofA is a fine institution for basketball in 49 states...:D

I ran a marathon in AK, and just loved the place. Though I do have to admit that I would live on the lower coast somewhere near Juneau. Fairbanks appears to be a completely different kind of cold.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
UofA is a fine institution for basketball in 49 states...:D

I ran a marathon in AK, and just loved the place. Though I do have to admit that I would live on the lower coast somewhere near Juneau. Fairbanks appears to be a completely different kind of cold.

My friend also lived in the southern part of Alaska and I do not think I got past the "four hours of sunlight in the winter" to hear about the positive aspects of life there.

I have heard the summers are nice, of course if you plan to travel there for summers you will most likely be typed as the Alaskan equivalent of the Arizona Snowbird.

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I really do hate baseball...

I am American indeed. Southern actually. Its amazing that I am not married to my cousin, and have all my teeth too! Dang.

Hey, I am with you! I hate baseball as well. Actually, I prefer participating in sports as opposed to watching very highly paid strangers do them on TV. Road cycling is my one exception- enjoy both participating and watching.

totally_lance

BANNED
Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
I just gush at this snap

kate_lance_tahoe2.jpg

A

Anonymous

scribe said:
The skeeters are real bad there in the summer, right?

Like nothing I have ever seen. 100% Deet kept them off, but it also made me sterile...(not really)

Still, on the coast there is enough of a breeze or wind to keep them down a bit. Just beautiful country though, like nowhere else I have been.

Scott SoCal said:
Passionate? Not the word I would have used.

Deranged? Yeah, you and Eva are neck-and-neck. In fact I think a new thread should be started just for those who are afflicted with the "Lance Derangement Syndrome", or LDS.

But, I am entertained. Especially with all the "inside" information and first-hand heresay you both are privy to.

You asked so I'm just putting my $.02 in. Please don't reply unless it's really, really clever.:p

I thought I saw a couple people with LDS at ****'s sporting goods looking over some of his Highnesses latest cheesy apparel a couple hours ago.

Ohhh waiit a second, People who are lance zombies can't suffer from lance derangement syndrome. What do we call the lance fans who are impervious to recognizing what an a hole Lance is?

TRENDING THREADS