• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who is the patron of the peloton?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who is the current patron of the peloton?

• Nobody

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
I am not a fan but it has to be Armstrong. He Twitters at the TDU "lets go for a ride" and 8,000 people turn up. South Australians are a strange bunch but he did say next will be Paris, so it will be interesting to see how many people turn up there.

A

Anonymous

Hotbrakes said:
I am not a fan but it has to be Armstrong. He Twitters at the TDU "lets go for a ride" and 8,000 people turn up. South Australians are a strange bunch but he did say next will be Paris, so it will be interesting to see how many people turn up there.

[rant mode] Aarrrgghhh! No no no no no no NO! It really pi55ed me off when all the media started fawning over "Lance's twitter ride" in Australia attracting so many people! Robbie Effing McEwen started the whole thing TWO WEEKS before LA joined in. Then at the last minute LA tags along and it becomes LA's twitter ride! I'm sure many Australians went to see McEwen, not LA! But noooooooooooooooooo, it has to be "Lance Armstrong's Twitter Ride (Tm)". *head explodes* [/rant mode].

Sorry Hotbrakes. :eek:

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Hotbrakes said:

Well he's certainly the most well-known cyclist. But when they say patron, they don't mean the guy who inspires the most fawning worship among the great unwashed. They mean within the peloton.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Hibbles said:
[rant mode] Aarrrgghhh! No no no no no no NO! It really pi55ed me off when all the media started fawning over "Lance's twitter ride" in Australia attracting so many people! Robbie Effing McEwen started the whole thing TWO WEEKS before LA joined in. Then at the last minute LA tags along and it becomes LA's twitter ride! I'm sure many Australians went to see McEwen, not LA! But noooooooooooooooooo, it has to be "Lance Armstrong's Twitter Ride (Tm)". *head explodes* [/rant mode].

Sorry Hotbrakes. :eek:

I hear ya!

Robbie is a legend and Lance is Lance. I think that I might be going soft on LA now that he looks old and not winning.

I also hate how the media wets it's collective pants every time LA comes to OZ.

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Lance was "patron" of the peloton but you can't give him that title now, he won a crit in the US and won Ledville in the last two years. Then you have guys like Cavendish who got "beat" like only 4 times last year, Contador who Has won every grand tour he has started in the past 2 years, you have the schlecks who are terrific, and you have Cancellara who can just flat rip legs off.