• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who is your Favorite Cycling Team

Favorite Team for 2010

• BMC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
It will only let me post 10 so if it is someone else just list it. I left some big ones off so here are some other ones

Ag2r-La Mondiale
Euskaltel-Euskadi
Liquigas-Doimo
Rabobank
Team Katusha

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I liked columbia early season, few highlights, first week giro, tour de suisse, first week tour, San remo. I don't like the trades they made though, becoming more a pure sprinters team. I mean they were pretty close, but letting lokvist, kirchen boasen hagen go...I think I have to pick a new team for next year, unless they podium a GT. Martin or rogers best chances? However its a climbers year.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
I voted for Astana because they have gotten screwed from the hog and RS running off with the talent and their inept management practices. I hope they kick Lance's ****.
krebs303, recovering fanboy

A

Anonymous

I'll go with Garmin.

Good philosophy on doping (if you believe it, i know some don't),
good philosophy on developing talent (especially target young aussie talent helps my country),
started out small and are growing to meet the demands of pro cycling,
good mixture of sprinters and GC ambitions and a few developing spring classics riders

Will be interesting to see if Zabriskie does a Wiggins this year, JV hinted at it when they sold the Twig.

Also interested in how Cam Meyer and Jack Bobridge are used for the grand tours.

Of course, the other team i'll be following closely is the emergence of BMC (which seem to have a similar transition/development strategy for ProTour as Garmin did) and how they manage a classics oriented team toward grand tour success.

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I like Saxo Bank as a jr i look up to andy Schleck and Cancellara
also Garmin they develope riders out of nowhere and they are U.S.
Like Katusha because mcEwen
and Rabobank because i ride a giant

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
ImmaculateKadence said:
Columbia HTC. They're the most exciting, but honorable mentions are Cervelo, and Garmin (though I don't care for Vaughters).

I am not a big fan of the dude either or anyone else who wears turtlenecks in the summer sporting Dr. Spock burns

A

Anonymous

Astana when Contador is racing. Liquigas when Basso is there. Columbia & Garmin because they're American, seem to be doing it right, and the results aren't taken away a few months later. As a guy with a couple of Management degrees, I'm fascinated by Team Sky. Plus they ride Pinarello Dogmas like Caisse and the black and blue is cool. On race days I like whoever is willing to make things happen, in the break, or attacking, or on the chase (but I root for escapees to stay away 99.9% of the time)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
BMC, other than evans being on their squad they have a well balanced squad for stage races (evans), one day races (hincapie, kroon, evans, burghardt and ballan) and for the sprints they have Kohler and Kristoff. They are also a very young devolping team which is good.

Whoever voted for Radioshack is a complete idiot. Very one dimensional team with 90% of the squad based on stage races.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm rooting for ASTANA in 2010, They recently signed the two Aussie brothers Allan and Scott Davis. The two bros. and Vino bring a realistic chance for a win in the classics.

I have a hunch Allan Davis would like a crack at Tom Boonen, after his last minute exclusion by QuickStep from the 2009 Tour start.

Also Vino has won the Amstel Gold in 2003 and Liège–Bastogne–Liège in 2005, surely he has ambitions to win again.

The 2010 roster includes super domestiques: Paolo Tiralongo, David De la Fuente, Oscar Pereiro, Enrico Gasparotto, Daniel Navarro, Benjamin Noval, etc.

Oh, and did I almost forget to mention they Have the best GC racer in the world ALBERTO "EL PISTOLERO" CONTADOR.:D

I'm definitely feeling more optimistic in regards to another grand tour win for AC now.

And I also feel the same way as krebs303:
krebs303 said:
I voted for Astana because they have gotten screwed from the hog and RS running off with the talent and their inept management practices. I hope they kick Lance's ****.
krebs303, recovering fanboy

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Test Team

Cervelo, taking every opportunity that arises, (although the Pauwels incident was a **** up) coolest team kit by a long shot.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
BMC, other than evans being on their squad they have a well balanced squad for stage races (evans), one day races (hincapie, kroon, evans, burghardt and ballan) and for the sprints they have Kohler and Kristoff. They are also a very young devolping team which is good.

Whoever voted for Radioshack is a complete idiot. Very one dimensional team with 90% of the squad based on stage races.

Let alone the fact the Shack have even yet to ride a race, what a manus.

I went with Cervelo, my favourite rider is there, I really loved their kit from last year and they have a good all-round balanced team though I think they are a little bit weaker this year. I also like Boguyes & Lfdjeux because I believe they are doing it the right way and the lfdjeux kit is one I always liked.

pmcg76 said:
I went with Cervelo, my favourite rider is there, I really loved their kit from last year and they have a good all-round balanced team though I think they are a little bit weaker this year. I also like Boguyes & Lfdjeux because I believe they are doing it the right way and the lfdjeux kit is one I always liked.

Ah yes. I just went with one of those on the list but I'll cheer riders from those 2 teams any day for the same reason as you.

Saxo - Stewie's from my hometown and i've followed him for a while, but have come to like the rest of the squad and the way they ride. the schlecks, spartacus, etc... along with the potential of breschel and fugslang

I'd like to see BMC do well for evans after the failings of silence-lotto and i quite like their bikes.
Would be happy to see astana do well just to hand it back to tweedledumb and tweedle-even-dumber with their childish behaviour recently. Also to see Davis to get a proper chance to do his thing.

I'll be 'supporting' Rabobank because of the Dutch nature of their team, and the fact that a large amount of Dutch talent is located there (Gesink, Boom, Mollema etc.). I think Columbia will have the best year; the loss of Hincapie hurt their sprint train a little and EBH is on his way to be an absolute beast in this sport, but they've still got more than enough excellent people to set up their sprinters and they still have the pontential to be a major classics presence. Also the continued developement of Tony Martin will be interesting to follow.

As for who I'd like to see do well, I would love to see the younger teams continue to thrive (the Cervelos, the BMCs, the Vacansoleils, Katusha) and for the newer teams to hit the ground running, especially the two big money teams of Sky and the Shack. This sport definitely could use some more money, and with sponsors leaving all the time, I hope the new money that's coming in is pleased with the results and continues to support us, and hopefully encourage even more money to start coming in.

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I know it's a bit parochial of me but I've always enjoyed the way Rapha-Condor race. I love the all black kit too.

I don't currently favour any Pro-Tour teams but I'm sure I'll end up cheering Sky on

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I voted Saxo Bank because of the schlecklet and Cancellara, and also Jens! Voigt, the toughest man in the sport. If I was voting for kit or bike, it would have to be Sky.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Boeing said:
I am not a big fan of the dude either or anyone else who wears turtlenecks in the summer sporting Dr. Spock burns

Yeah, I can't put my finger on very much specifically, but he always rubbed me the wrong way, even when he raced. I will say that assisting AG2R in chasing down the break preventing big george from taking the yellow jersey kind of upset me.

And the comment about his team eating better :rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS